01.

January 8
📍Norbrook, St Andrew Jamaica.

Brookelynn Noelle Jackson, 17

Waking up to my alarm that I've snoozed about 15 times, I turned off the alarm and waited a minute before getting up due to low iron.

It's my second semester in Upper Sixth and I'm dreading going back to school. The Christmas holiday was way too fun but I miss being at school except preparing for CAPE which I have in a couple months.

Finally standing up, I headed to the bathroom to release my bladder before stepping into the shower while Rajah Wild- Lights off blast through my mini speaker box specifically for showers.

Allowing the water to cascade down my back, I pulled off my shower cap running the water though it. I'll just wear a wash and go today.

Using my hair products to deep condition my hair, I hiss at the thought of me possibly running late. My phone is ringing and I know for sure it's my group chat because they're always the first persons to open school.

Stepping out the shower, I moisturized my hair in the mirror before drying it partially.  Now walking to my room I opened my closet retrieving a white marina and my other undergarments.

I can just smell the food my mom is preparing downstairs, causing my belly to grumble.

Using baby oil, I moisturized my whole body as I don't use lotion for some reason it makes me feel hot and sticky throughout the day.

Now being partially ready in my full attire except my shirt I made my way downstairs to get breakfast.

"Morning mummy" I greet and she replies warmly before greeting my dad just the same when he steps into view.

We don't have a special emotional connection like with my mom but he's my personal bank and that's the way he expresses his love by filling my account and who am I to complain?

A broke sixth former that lives off Starbucks everyday and buy every unnecessary shit she sees, especially in Fontana.

Laughing at the thought my parents looked at me as If I was crazy while finishing my waffles.

Opening my honda civiv car door, I smile admiring my pretty pink interior.

Texting my groupchat and my man that I'm coming to school, I scurry my way out the garage as I'm already late.

Heading to my first class, I walked over to Xiamora and Arienne as they stood up and embraced me into a hug, oh how i've misssed my babies.

"Girl why you affi come so late? have mi a wait too long chro" Xiamora pulls aways, hissing.

"Yuh done know mi nuh have no limit, atleast you had Arienne, she shoulda come late too" I push her away while laughing.

I swear I have a late problem because everytime I try to be early, blups me reach late.

"Unu see jay from morning? walked the whole compound and I'm yet to find him" I asked the girls in search for my boyfriend.

We're not necessarily on the best terms right now since he's been too friendly lately but nevertheless I love him too much to let go, since grade 8th and still going.

"I saw him around the library side last time but i'm not sure as of right now" and with that I walked off to the other side of the school.

Seeing her seated on his lap as they engage in a conversation I stood there unable to move.

My Jayden?

The boy I've been with since grade 8th, the same guy who took my virtue, the same nerd I've been with since him looks dem start develop?

Could never be.

Rubbing my eyes at the sight before me, I quickly blinked away the tears that started to form.

Walking towards the bathroom, I clicked on my older brother's contact.

He's the person I feel safe talking to about certain things, though our age gap that's forever my twin.

Picking up on the first ring, he waited for me to speak first. That's something he'd always do on the phone I'm not sure why.

With my loss of words, I slightly sniffled and he spoke first his voice lacing with concern. "Cindy a wahm?"

Explaining to him he attentively listened to my rant requesting a video call and I accepted it journeying to the bathroom.

"Cindy if a tear drop mia hurt somebody enuh" he said in a stern tone causing me to wipe my eyes.

I just have so many Why's.

Is it because I'm not lighskin with 3A hair?

Is my body not good enough?

As I stare at my features, I couldn't help but start to think that I'm the problem.

Am I not good enough?

Nevermind that don't even sound right.

After a face wash, I applied my honey scented lipgloss before resurfacing.