04.

📍Cherry Gardens
January 11, 6:00 A.M

Tarique Azyle Lee

Tarique Azyle Lee

Exiting the shower, I quickly slid on a white t-shirt pairing it with a grey sweatpants before descending the stairs.

Mi deven turn good inna mi bed yet, and there's trouble at the underground.

I wasn't introduced to this lifestyle by choice, my father lives by the gun and he'll definitely need his heir to pick up his pieces.

Opening the car, I sped off making my way to the underground in less than 10 minutes.

Walking to the extreme back of the gas station I scanned my prints automatically accessing the doors.

It's a gas station owned by my parents, a cover for for the drugs and business that takes place.

$200,000 is missing and though it's not alot it's death before dishonor. There's only 6 persons with access to the money and I already have a suspicion.

Stepping into the discombobulated room filled with voices discussing who could've stole the money, except one person being quiet. Making my presence known the room fell in silence.

"Have things fi do so might aswell unu talk from now before everybody get it" I warn in a stern voice, observing everyone's body language.

Body language is one of the most important things to look for when someone's lying, my instinct is always right.

Keeno is abnormally avoiding eye contact with me while constantly fidgeting, he's normally goofy; always cracking jokes so you'd be least likely to suspect him.

"Keeno" I called before he moved forward, his body language is a dead give away. The way he's trembling you'd think we're in a an AC unit. Though I had a feeling it was him it's an hard pill to swallow.

My dad took him off the streets as a young windshield wiper to working for him at a tender age causing us to grow like brothers.

Staring at him before me, I shook my head knowing the decision I have to make. Disregarding our history.

"We grow like bredda and a suh yuh really mek the friendship look? If you asked without question mi woulda give yuh but no yuh wah be high and mighty"

After we left 3z yesterday I dropped him off here and I got the call 5am this morning that money's missing. It's the only thing that makes sense.

"Why the fuck yah assume seh a me take it like a me alone have access to the money?" he raised his voice now fueling me with anger. Slicing his side, blood now spraying from his body.

He went from raising his voice to now whimpering quietly.

"A me- mi did need it fi something" he struggles to get out, staring at me with pleading eyes.