two | new partners

Three Nights Earlier

Kate found herself sitting on the sleek chair in Susan's office at Bishop Security. She looked out of the big windows, and watched the lively city from above. Clad in a black button-up shirt tucked into gray dress pants, she waited impatiently for her half sister to arrive.

The door swung open, and Susan rushed in, her presence marked with urgency. At 28, Susan was a few years older than Kate, with a striking resemblance. Her shoulder length dark brown hair framed her face, and she stood an inch or two shorter than Kate. They both shared similarities from their late father.

As Susan rushed into the office, she quickly took a seat, a mix of concern and frustration etched on her face. "Kate, you need to tell me what happened during the blip," Susan demanded, her voice carrying a tone of urgency. "I took you in for about two years, Kate. Do you know how worried I was when you'd come home with cuts and bruises? I need to understand what you've been through," Susan said.

Kate sat in silence, absorbing Susan's words.

"Kate, your mother is asking questions. Questions I cannot answer if you don't give them to me. She thinks you stayed with me all those years. Oh, and to top it off, she's blaming me for your tattoos," Susan explained, her voice a mix of frustration and concern.

Kate finally broke her silence, sitting forward as she began to explain. "Susan, I was in good hands. You don't need to worry about me," she assured.

Susan, in her frustration, interjected sharply, "Stop the bullshit, Kate. I've been covering for you, but I can't keep doing that if I don't know the whole truth. What happened during the blip, and most importantly what happened to you?" She asked.

Kate sighed, a heaviness in her expression as she leaned back. "Susan, have you ever heard the name Kingpin?" she asked. Susan shook her head, indicating she hadn't. Kate asks again, "What about Wilson Fisk?"

Susan's eyes narrowed slightly as she heard the name. "The name sounds familiar. Isn't he an associate of your mother?" she inquired.

Kate hesitated, debating whether or not she should tell her sister the truth. After a moment, she decided to reveal a fragment of the truth. "Our father owed Mr. Fisk a lot of money," she confessed, "And because of that Wilson turned me into his personal puppet, manipulating me to commit crimes." She admitted, her voice tinged with a mix of regret and resentment.

Susan attempted to interrupt, concern etched across her face. However, Kate raised a hand, signaling for her to let her finish. Then suddenly all the memories came flooding back.

"What do you want?" She asks the caller.

"I have an assignment for you." The voice replied.

The girl scoffed, "I told you I'm done, I don't want to do that stuff anymore. My family no longer owes you anything."

"This assignment is important. It involves Susan Bishop." Mr. Fisk replies.

Kate stops and freezes.

"Thought that would get your attention." He laughs.

Kate continues to walk down the street on the phone. "What about her?" She asks her employer.

She could hear the man sigh on the other side of the phone. "There's an event going on this weekend that your sister will be attending. An assassin will be there trying to steal information from a good friend of mine." He told the girl. "And it would be a shame if your sister got in the way. Being the CEO of a multimillion dollar company puts a target on her back." He added.