nine | reveals and reunions

Yelena stood frozen, the gun still held up in her trembling hand. The revelation that the Ronin was, in fact, Kate Bishop, not Clint Barton, left her in a state of shock. Her eyes remained fixed on Kate, scanning her features for any sign of deception. Kate, standing before her, wore an expression that carried a mix of regret, defiance, and a hint of vulnerability. Yelena's thoughts were a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. As the truth settled in, her grip on the gun loosened slightly, but her gaze remained locked onto Kate.

Breaking the silence, Kate's voice cut through the tension. "Francesca Bishop."

Yelena's brows furrowed in confusion. The name didn't immediately register, and she continued to stare at Kate, searching for clarity.

Kate, sensing Yelena's confusion, continued. "F.B.," she emphasized, "It stands for Francesca Bishop. As is Susan Francesca Bishop."

Yelena's eyes widened as the pieces fell into place. "F.B.," she murmured, a dawning realization on her face.

Kate took a deep breath, her eyes locked onto Yelena's. "I had my sister grab the suit that night at the charity auction," she explained.

Yelena, still processing the whirlwind of revelations, looked at Kate with a mix of disbelief and understanding. The gravity of the situation settled in as Kate continued to unravel the truth.

"You know, the one where you were sent to steal," Kate added, a touch of sarcasm in her tone. The weight of the irony lingered in the air as Kate's words hung between them, emphasizing the complexity of the web they found themselves entangled in.

Yelena, still grappling with the revelations, found her voice. "How did you know about that?'

Kate met Yelena's gaze, "Valentina told me," she replied casually.

Yelena's eyes widened in shock. The realization that Valentina, her own contact and seemingly trustworthy source, had shared information with Kate added another layer of complexity to the already convoluted situation. The shock and confusion on Yelena's face deepened as she tried to make sense of the intricate web of alliances and betrayals that had unfolded before her.

As Yelena processed the shocking revelations, her mind involuntarily drifted back to the first encounters with Kate Bishop. She replayed their interactions, searching for signs that Kate might have known more than she let on.

The memories flashed vividly—Kate's confident demeanor, her witty banter, and the way she seamlessly integrated into Yelena's world. The pieces of the puzzle seemed to rearrange themselves, forming a new, unsettling picture. Had Kate Bishop been aware of Yelena's true identity all along?

The blonde takes a big breath, "How long have you known who I am?" She asked, waiting for the archer to reply.

Kate raised her eyebrow, trying to recall the memory. "I think I suspected something the night we met." She admitted casually. But hearing those words made Yelena's heart sink.

Then, a smirk played on Kate's lips as she continued, "You know, I always do a background check on who I sleep with, for safety reasons. Just a habit." Yelena's eyes narrowed, a mix of surprise and indignation crossing her face. Kate went on, "But when I did my usual check on Sasha Williams, blonde hair, 5'4, and so on, nothing interesting came up. That's when I knew something was off."

Yelena's heart sank further as Kate's words revealed the meticulous scrutiny she had undergone. "So, I did a bit more digging," Kate added, her tone nonchalant. "And that's when I found out your true identity."

Kate continued, her tone revealing a mix of honesty and a touch of regret, "At first, I thought you knew who I was. Thought you were trying to get close, maybe seeking revenge for something. So, I played along. But when I realized you had no idea, it threw me off." She paused, "Started feeling kinda bad, you know? Sleeping with the enemy the whole time."