eleven | new year's resolutions

The new year flew by quicker than expected. It is now more than half ways through the first month of the year. And no new year's resolutions have happened as Kate Bishop is still having the same bad habits. 

Natasha, observant as always, noticed the archer's absence from the Avengers Compound. So she called up Clint to see if he had any insights on her recent behavior. But to her surprise, Clint had not spoken to Kate since her confession.

But the next day, as Natasha concluded a rigorous training day for the Young Avengers at the compound, she found herself caught off guard by an unexpected sight. In the midst of the team's activities, her eyes were drawn to Kate standing at a distance, watching the training session unfold. What took Natasha by surprise, even more, was the addition of a companion by Kate's side—a dog.

Kamala turned around and spotted Kate with the adorable golden retriever. Unable to contain her enthusiasm, she exclaimed, "Oh my god, how cute!" and rushed over to meet the new furry member of the team.

Following Kamala's lead, the rest of the Young Avengers gathered around Kate, their attention divided between the archer and the lovable dog. Cassie looked up and asked, "What's his name?"

With a nonchalant shrug, Kate replied, "Lucky. Lucky the Pizza Dog."

A collective turning of heads toward Kate ensued, prompting her to offer a causal explanation, "He loves pizza." The revelation was met with laughs from the Young Avengers.

As the attention of the Young Avengers shifted to Lucky and his love for pizza, Kate noticed Natasha nodding in her direction, silently signaling her to come over. With a wry smile, Kate quipped to the team, "Looks like I'm in trouble," and made her way over to Natasha.

The two women stepped aside, creating a bit of distance from the lively scene with the dog and the curious Young Avengers. Natasha looked at Kate and asked, "Where have you been, Kate? We've missed you at training."

Kate took a deep breath, her gaze meeting Natasha's as she began to explain, "Well, it turns out I have my first stalker." She raised an eyebrow, and Natasha's expression shifted to one of curiosity, waiting for Kate to elaborate.

With a half-smile, Kate continued, "A crazy Avengers fan decided to pay me a visit at my apartment. And as if that wasn't enough, my mother found out so now her lawyers haven't stopped bothering me." She admitted.

Natasha nodded, acknowledging the challenges Kate was facing. "That's a lot on your plate," she remarked, understanding the dealing with a stalker and legal matters.

Pausing for a beat, Natasha then broached a more sensitive topic. "And, Kate, is your absence also because of the recent confession and everything that came with it?" Her question held concern.

"Kind of," Kate admitted softly. She paused for a moment, then looked back at the redhead, "You aren't mad?"

Natasha shook her head. "No, I've been in your position before," Natasha reassured her, her gaze briefly hinting at past experiences. "And so has she, but in her case, they were her friends."

As Natasha spoke of Yelena, Kate tensed slightly, her expression shifting. She then looked away from Natasha and asked a question that carried both curiosity and a hint of concern, "How is she?"

Natasha sighed, "Yelena's not taking it well. She's angry, hurt, and feels betrayed. I've been trying to talk to her, but she's keeping her distance. It's not easy for her, Kate."