Chapter 2

BRIDGERTON fanfic
by myself

BRIDGERTON fanficby myself

────────────
[ currently ... ]
labyrinth

In Daphne's room was, Daphne getting changed out of her debutante outfit and into a different one, which was a shade of blue.

Eloise and Ester were seated on plush chairs, Eloise was reading the newest gossip, and Ester was reading some poetry with her dear peaches on her lap as she pets her dog.

"You absolutely sparkled sister" Hyacinth says to Daphne with a grin, Ester hums in agreement with her youngest sister.

"You looked very elegant daphne, beautiful as always." Ester says as she subtly looks up at Daphne with her own small smile on her lips

"Come now. I merely simpered and minced in a pretty dress like everyone else." Daphne says, not seeing what her sisters saw, and Ester goes back to reading the poetry with a breath

"Not exactly like everyone else." Francesca says, she was leaning next to Eloise's chair. "Oh i shall need to go and visit with Penelope. Her presentation was anything but..." Eloise says, falling off what she should describe the word

"'Terrific' is the word you're looking for, and its not the good one" Ester says, she and Penelope... weren't very close. I suppose the two dont see eye to eye exactly all the time, she thinks that Penelope was a sweet girl, just not one she'd likely be really close with unlike her twin eloise who seems to be best friends with.

"Ah, yes. That's what she said. What was it the queen called you again Daphne?" Eloise looks up at Daphne.

"'Flawless' or some such thing." Daphne says as the maid helps Daphne with the dress. "Trust i was astonished her majesty offered me out of 200 young ladies present, a most gracious remark." Daphne adds on, and Ester finishes up with reading the poetry and she looks at Daphne.

"Yes, it was quite a distinction. And now 200 young ladies have a common adversary. I wish you luck sister" Eloise says, and Ester looks at her twin with slight annoyance, after all, just because one has a different dream doesn't mean that its not important.

"Eloise!" Francesca scolds with furrowed brows at her older sisters harsh words, "dont mind her Daphne, you were amazing, and you deserved to be complimented by the queen." Ester says as she smiles, and Daphne smiles before turning to Eloise.

"My success on the marriage market influences all of your prospects. We will all need to find love one day" Daphne says, and Ester looks at Daphne with a small smile

Their mother than bursts into the room, "your dresses have arrived!" Their mother exclaims, and the girls gasp with exception of Eloise, who disliked wearing dresses

Ester stands and she with her sisters go to their mother, all somewhat excited. With exception of Eloise. Their mother held a beautiful light blue dress, and a maid held one as well. "This one is quite ravishing!" Daphne comments as she holds it.

"I remember, Mary Edgecombe wore a shade like this last season, the dress was beautiful. Though I'm sure you'd look even more ravishing with it Daphne." Ester informs as she eyes it as well as Daphne.

"And she secured three offers the very next day, one from an earl." Their mother adds on with a large smile. "Mary edgecombe, now the countess of fulton. Apparently spent the last year living in a cottage, hundreds of miles away from her earl. She is miserable. It says it all here." Eloise says, and Daphne's smile falls, Ester narrows her brows as she was standing next to Daphne

"Do not tell me that is yet another scandal sheet Eloise—" their mother says— not pleased— she is then cut off from Eloise

"No, no. This one is different, this one lists subjects by name in full." Eloise says, Hyacinth gasps, "Let me see!" Hyacinth says as she goes over to eloise

"Wait!" Francesca says as she snatches the paper. "Lady whistledown" Francesca says, and this time daphne takes the paper— Ester looks at it as well.
"Lady whistledown?" Daphne questions from the unfamiliar name.

"The author"

"Do we know a lady whistledown?" Their mother asks, "we dont. She's some woman who has all the gossip somehow, no one knows who she is. Which means this can all be fake and simple rumors" Ester says, looking at eloise— who frowns at those words and she narrows her gaze.

"Surely lady whistledown cannot be her true name?" Francesca asks, and daphne walks out back to her room as she reads— the sisters all follow.

"What does it say daphne?" Their mother asks, "she says that she loathes the fact that we've been named alphabetic oldest to youngest" Daphne explains and Ester purses her bottom lip out as she stands next to her mother and daphne

"Your father and i found it orderly" their mother informs with pursed lips. "Lady whistledown finds it "banality'" daphne reads off, and Ester comes behind her mother and stands on her tippy toes as she looks at the paper over her mother's shoulder.

"The papers were distributed across town today without charge." Eloise comments, and Ester just eyes the paper surprisingly. "Without charge? What kind of author—" Ester goes to say, before she, daphne, and their mama gasp.

"Well at least she has one thing right. She has named daphne as the season's incomparable." Their mother beams. "She calls daphne, "a diamond of the first water" oh what a lovely thing to refer you as" Ester as she smiles to her closest sister, giving daphne a small side hug. Daphne smiles from her sisters side hug— after all, Ester was quite the one for poetic like words.

1034 words