Chapter 16

BRIDGERTON fanfic
by myself

BRIDGERTON fanficby myself

────────────
[ currently ... ]
labyrinth

She was in the, drawing room still while she sat on one of the couches while petting peaches while also reading a book when the door opens up, and her sister Daphne enters the room, making her brows lift up.

"May i sit?" Daphne asks her with a smile, "of course sister." Ester says in reply, and daphne sits next to Peaches, giving the old dog a small pat before looking at Ester.

"Now, tell me all about how your season's been. Have you found any gentlemen delightful?" Daphne asks while having a smile on her face. Ester looks at peaches for a moment before back at her sister.

"Well they're all delightful, and they all are fine gentlemen, but i suppose there's one gentleman who delights me.." she trails off, noting that the man hasn't even come to call on her, making her lightly frown.

Daphne sees this, "and who may this gentleman be?" She asks with interest, making Ester lift her gaze to her older sister, "he is Lord Coltan." She says, looking at her lap again. Daphne's face flashes with recognition, "lord Coltan? As in the marquee?" She asks as her eyes wide, Ester looks at Daphne again, blinking in shock.

"A— a marquee?? I believed he was an earl, or even a viscount!" She says as her jaw slacks, looking at Daphne in shock. A marquess was a title below a duke yet above an earl.

A smile blooms on Daphne's face who places a hand ontop of Ester's, "Ester, if the marquess truly delights you, why do you not go after him? If he does not give you his time, then i'm sure your able to find yourself another gentleman. But—" before she could finish, ester clasps her hands around Daphne's.

"Lord Colton must not be courting me, so i shall find a gentleman who will! Thank you sister for your advice!" She says with a large grin, thanking her sister whose jaw slacks.

"Ester, that is not what i meant—"

"Oh thank you Daphne!" Ester wraps her arms around Daphne, whose face drops as she chuckles awkwardly, "..." daphne didn't say anything further.

Dinner was anything normal, to begin— Benedict was acting like an odd child and Colin was trying to make sense of his strange behavior, who Ester had the most unfortunate to sit in between the two while they and the sharmas and Lady danbury all ate.