Chapter 21

BRIDGERTON fanfic
By myself

BRIDGERTON fanficBy myself

────────────
[ currently ... ]
Labyrinth

In the backyard of, their home she has some small sheers as she trimes a bush secretly while it was in the late evening, she clips it before taking a step back as she scans her eyes across the now perfectly speared bush now.

"What are you doing?" She jolts as she turns with her hands behind her back as she's met with the confused expression of eloise. The two stare silently before Ester clears her throat, "nothing." She replies quickly.

Though eloise wasn't fooled, "were you trimming that bush??" Eloise furrows a brow, "and what of it?" Ester replies fastly, making eloise roll her eyes while her arms were crossed, though ester saw the famous scandal sheet.

"Why do you have lady whistledown?" Ester asks to change the subject, "why should i answer your question when you did not answer mine?" Eloise bites back, and ester purses her lower lip out in annoyance.

"Very well then. I was trimming the bush, it was uneven" ester pulls out the small silver sheers, Eloise blinks in confusion, "you garden?" Eloise asks in surprise, and ester turns as she touches the bush again while scanning any problems with it.

"Yes, is it surprising??" Ester turns her head at Eloise, pursing her brows to herself, "well... i never knew you did this sort of things. I've always seen you just read poetry and do what society thinks a woman is born to have to do" eloise scoffs.

"I like doing more than just poetry, i just don't like showing it to certain people who try and bother me daily and get in my personal space" she rolls her eyes while looking at Eloise with a sideways look, eloise swallows.

"Well, i'll leave you to it" eloise goes to leave, when ester stopped her, "you must tell me why your doing with that scandal sheet first, i told you what i do" ester huffs to eloise, who looks at her, "i was just reading it" eloise leaves while ester just sighs before shrugging and returning to  what she was doing.

She moves over to weeds she noted that the gardeners must have missed, and she kneels as she looked over her shoulder before back at the weeds as she extends her hand and pulls the weeds out, her pale hand getting lightly dirtied

She stops once she notes that they were all pulled out before she goes inside the estate while clapping the dirt off her hands where she heads to the drawing room as peaches head perks up, "i wonder what kind of things my siblings are doing now" she ponders as she sits down on the plush couch next to peaches, holding her in her arms as she rubs the head of peaches whose eyes were closed, taking soft inhales and exhales.

Her eyes were stuck on her dog as she brushes through peaches short soft fur. She lets in a slow inhale through her nose while the subtle scent of jasmine flowers was there as well as the smell of sugar that was lightly sprinkled around the room from the small treats that were placed on a silver tree when the same lord benet visited again this day once more, when the light scent of roses hit her and she flexes her nose forward as she looks at the spot on the marble tea table that a vase of roses used to be on before they were taken out once lord benet had left.

It seems that gentlemen keep bringing in roses out of any flowers that they could bring in. Wether it were white or red roses, they seem to bring it even if she makes a comment about how roses are the only flower that always brought her allergies out, even if she enjoys gardening, roses were the only ones that affected her scenes the most unlike a lilac or a jasmine flower.

She then stands up fully where she picks peaches who was a smaller beagle compared to other beagles. She leaves the drawing room as she departs to the upstairs of her room after passing by some of the maids who were walking to do their job or how the men that would stand there and just waiting for whatever they were meant to do. She never interacts with many of the male workers other than her footsman or a chef.

She then enters her room where she kneels and puts peaches down before sitting at the day bed as she puts her hand on the windows before pulling it up after some trouble before leaning forward as she closes her eyes and lets the soft wind flutter around her, the wind making the hot summer air be cooler.

And she eventually pulls her head away before turning towards peaches who tilts her head, "i will go to the park. It's better than staying inside, is it not peaches?" She raises a brow as she closed the window as she looks at peaches who blinks before lightly barking, and ester smiles as she stands up and heads on down to alarm aurora she wanted to go out to the park for a promenade.

And as she and aurora get in the carriage together, aurora looked a bit confused from the sudden want to go to the park, but the blonde didn't make a comment on such confusion.

Ester was looking out the carriage window while fanning herself with a plain fan to cool herself down from the heat, she looks at aurora, "it certainly is hot today, isn't it aurora?" Ester says to aurora, and the maid nods, "it is quite warm miss" aurora nods in agreement.

Ester looks out the carriage again, wondering how the queen and her lady in waiting's aren't burning up whenever it was this hot out today. Surely they would be burning up in the thick layers of the style of dresses the queen and the ladies in waiting wear which was much different compared to the dresses in today's time.

And soon, she gets to the park where she walks down the path, aurora trailing behind as ester fanned herself while she watched couples arm in arm, or a young debutant promanading with a suitor as their mama walked behind with a skillful eye, there was also young children walking with their mothers, or a suitor walking while discussing business with another man.

She has a content smile when she stops as she sees the same brunette haired lord off in the distance, "why is he everywhere i turn?" She mumbles under her breath before turning around, aurora blinks in confusion before following ester as she heads the other way.

Lord coltan pauses in his conversation with his mother to look to the side, thinking he felt the presence of someone familiar, yet he doesn't see such. He blinks, "louis? Are you listening too me?" His mother's tone made him look back at her, "ah, don't worry mother for i am listening to you" he bows his head apologetically.

His mother's eyes sharpen, "hmph." She huffs as he holds his arm out for her, "let's keep on walking and we can continue our conversation" he says, and his mother takes his arm as the two walk away.

1224 words