Chapter 23

BRIDGERTON fanfic
By myself

BRIDGERTON fanficBy myself

────────────
[ currently ... ]
Labyrinth

It was getting all, the more sooner to the day of anthony's wedding with miss edwina, and it would look like that ester was more excited for the wedding for edwina and him than... him. Which was odd... though she decided to just wave it off. He was most likely just nervous, or the other reason...

Anyways, she rubs that idea off to tune back in the chatter from lord benet, who she like usual just nods along, even if it was dreadfully boring, that and she tries to force herself to not sneeze. The lord had brought an even bigger bouquet of roses.

"The grapevines—" she tunes out enough that the man's buzzing chatter goes away, this lord seems awfully infatuated with his french grapevines. She just nods and smiles. Although the lord was boring, he should be able to care for herself.

Her hand reaches out as she takes the cup of recently brewed tea and sips on it while having a polite smile, the man seems to be too busy to notice that she was barely even listening.

And finally, he left— and she sneezed, "please take these roses out now" her mama says as she holds out the vase with roses in, as ester wipes her nose with a handkerchief as the servent takes it away just as her mama instructed. Peaches looks glad he was gone as well.

"Well that was dreadfully boring" Benedict comments with a breath, and ester just chuckles silently while her mama gave her brother a scolding look, although it was more than true.

"Am i not correct?" Benedict says back as he has a hand over his chest as he looked up from his book at their mama.

Ester snorts before hiding her face when she sees her mama look over at her.

Today was the wedding, for Anthony and Edwina. And they were all in the foyer, ester giving Benedict and colin a shake of her head at the sight of their drunken state while colin laid on his back on a plush couching without the back of one while Eloise sat next too her on her left while Benedict on her right.

Hyacinth and gregory come in with hyacinth chasing after gregory who had stolen her ribbon apparently while their mama sped-walked after them, "he's taken my ribbon!" Hyacinth complains after looking over her shoulder at their mama for a moment.

"I have done you a service!" Gregory teases in reply, "do not chase eachother! Or— well, do not catch after one another. You must look presentable.. why does no one truely seem ready for this wedding?... mrs. Wilson!" Their mama ends with a light shout, making Colin sit up as he holds his head.