Chapter 24

BRIDGERTON fanfic
By myself

BRIDGERTON fanficBy myself

────────────
[ currently ... ]
Labyrinth

She was outside in, the gardens par what the guards guided them all out to. She stood as she watched some man painted a weird thing that was coper color as he had something wrapped around his waist.

Prudence featherington stopped by her, imitating the weird statue, and ester looks at the woman who wore what looks to be a fancy red rubies necklace, but while it shined splendidly, she can tell that the shine wasn't quite authentic as a ruby was.

She sees the engagement ring that was over the orange glove, "your ring is beautiful, miss prudence" ester says as she eyes the ring, the woman immediately turned as she started to brag about it, even if she was engaged to her... cousin.

She just smiles and nods to the red head's bragging, though even the ring didn't look authentic with it's shine, but she didn't make any comment about it.

Soon, lady featherington comes on and steals miss prudence after giving her farewell to ester herself, ester just looks with her head at the mama.

"Miss bridgerton, glad i found you again" lord coltan makes her turn her gaze at the man, "lord coltan" she just curties lightly before turning her head at the moving man, and as she tries to ignore the man's presence, she still could feel his presence as he stands on her side. She doesn't look to the side, instead just at the moving man with her lips pursed out.

"Are the roses still bothering you?" He asks, and she blinks as she looked at him with her eyes, blinking as her jaw was slacked while her lips were still pursed together.

"You remember still— actually. How did you know i was allergic to them lord coltan" she asks in surprise, this lord who she met at the season's opening ball, who entertained her before breaking her in the reality that he would never call her, which meant he will never even court her.

"I saw how your nose scrunches up whenever you're near a rose" he tells he in response as he turns toward her fully as did she. She had a skeptical look on her face as she looks at the lord.

"And how are you certain that i am not allergic to all flowers and not just roses?" She purses a  skeptical brow, "well, when your family held that event at the Aubrey hall and we were in the garden, you had no sign of being allergic nor even scrunching your nose at it, nor at any of the other balls or events that's been held, you haven't looked bothered, yet today we've been surrounded by many white roses, and you continue to scrunch your face especially when it comes to whenever we're, or you, are around a rose" he says while his arms were behind his back as he looked down at her, staring into her eyes.

She then sucks in a breath, her lips parted as she looks at the man in surprise that he was able to see that she wasn't affected by any of the other flowers unlike when it came to roses that always brought out her allergies to pollen the most.

Her eyes were connected right with him while her lips were parted as she has a slow breath as her chest raises up and down her eyes were wide before pressing her lips in a firm line.

"Well, i suppose you're not incorrect" she swallows thickly, then her ears pick up on the sound of clapping as she looks over her shoulder as she looks at the sight of a detailed cake being cut by a servent.

"I will take this as a compliment then, are we friends now then?" The lord hums after raising a brow, and ester looks up at him quickly, "we are still not friends. Now if you excuse me, i will be going to get some refreshments" she huff out a she only gave a small curtsy before walking off, but she could immediately take note that he was walking with her

"I meant, alone" she hisses out as she snaps her eyes at the man, who had a smirk-smile, "and i was planning on getting myself some refreshments myself as well" he replies, and she just huffs silently as she gets there with the same lord.

The two of them reach out for a glass, but unfortunately it seems both wanted the same, and their hands brushed against. His bare hand brushes against her gloved, though as soon as their hands touched, she takes her hand away as did he and they grabbed glasses of lemonade that wasn't going to be the same.

She looked away and down at the glass of lemonade as she puts it up to her lips as she and him were silent together as they both take drinks of their own glasses of lemonade.

And while she looked down, he looked at her. Even when drinking, he only looked at her, yet she did not dare to spare him a glance at all. And even when she didn't, his eyes never wavered.

And even when she wanted too, she didn't. And she turns as she finishes after just lightly curtsying to him, and she turned and walks away. Yet he just kept looking at the back of Ester, a soft blink of his eyes before shaking it off. They were just friends after-all, and that's as far as they will ever be.

He did not want to force her in a marriage where she would get nick picked by his overbearing mother, and she knew that she shouldn't ever put her hopes in marriage with someone for love unlike her mama had.

1000 words