Chapter 4

BRIDGERTON fanfic
by myself

BRIDGERTON fanficby myself

────────────
[ currently ... ]
labyrinth

Reading some poetry Ester, was in the drawing room with most of her family, her mother told hyacinth about how daphne danced with the duke 2 times last night. "Two dances? With a duke?" Hyacinth asks in disbelief and surprise, Ester looks up from her poetry to eye her youngest sister.

"He was quite taken with your sister, hyacinth. Well, the entire party was, for that matter. All eyes were on daphne." Their mother says as she looks at daphne— who was playing piano quite lovely.

"Are you certain the entire party was not simply eyeing a tear in her dress?" Colin suggests teasingly, "or a misstep she took on the dance floor?" Benedict adds on, Ester looks at them with annoyance. "I do wonder daphne, might we count on the duke at the Crawford ball?" Their mother asks

"I should think it a fair chance."

"What about the ramsbury ball, Friday too? And what about the grand picnic?"

"We shall see, mama."

"How terrible for fran that she'll be off practicing pianoforte with aunt winnie all season, and miss daphne's engagement to the duke" hyacinth says.

"How very unfortunate indeed." Ester says with a shake of her head, "except that you love playing it" Colin comments— making Ester look at him annoyed with her brows furrowed. "I'll have you know—"

"Did Francesca leave for bath?" Gregory asks as he cuts Ester off as Eloise enters the drawing room with harsh breaths, "how does a lady come to be with a child?" Eloise asks suddenly, making daphne stop immediately and turn towards Eloise quickly, while Ester stopped reading her paper with confusion of what Eloise just said as she snaps her head over at her non-identical twin sister.

"E-Eloise, what a question!" Their mother stutters, "i thought one needed to be married" eloise asks, "what are you talking about?" Daphne asks, Ester just looks confused.

"Apparently it's not even a requirement" eloise scoffs, and Ester's eyes widen. "It isn't?" Ester gaws as she looks at eloise, "Eloise, that is enough." Their mother says sternly, and eloise caves and just sits in between Colin and Benedict with a huff.

Ester was still confused, she has never heard nor seen of a lady being pregnant before getting married.

"Oh, well..." daphne says, wanting to know more on what eloise was talking about, Ester wants to know as well. "Daphne, you were playing so lovely. Please, do go on." Their mother says as she rubs her temples, and daphne gets back to playing reluctantly.