Chapter 32

BRIDGERTON fanfic
By myself

BRIDGERTON fanficBy myself

────────────
[ currently ... ]
Labyrinth

The tour was going,.. boring. She managed to slip away from Lord Benet for some fresh air from the suffocating feeling of absolute boredom, before she noticed that she had found herself lost, and that was all because of her damn bonnet had been flown off her head because it got tied.

The bonnet had a lilac shade for the tie of fabric, and she wasn't the biggest fan of the color— and she even made a comment about it to lord benet, but like usual, he ignored her.

She scoffs as she pulls her dress up so the hem wouldn't get dirtied, looking for the bonnet, "damn bonnet. Now i am lost, oh god help me. Do men always have to be so insufferable? I don't even like lilac" she grumbles in irritation as she looks around the grapevines— which didn't help that the purple grapes were purple like the part of her bonnet.

She has a harsh and annoyed breath as she finally sees the sight of it, and she bends as she grabs it as she stands up fully. Brushing the dirt off her bonnet, hopefully lady whistledown doesn't end up writing bad or assuming she did something scandalous, like write her to be seen that she purposely snuck away to meet some man.

She puts the bonnet on while she faces towards the left where she can assume farther out there should be the sea due to the smell of salt in the air.

As she fumbles with the lilac fabric, she hears a snap of a branch and she turns fastly, and her wide eyes were stayed wide as she was met with the sight of Lord coltan.

"Miss bridgerton, i did not mean to spook you" he says, and her expression turned panicked as she approaches the man, the man was on another side of the grapevines, "what are you doing here?! Are you crazy?? What if someone finds us?" She asks harshly as she looks around with a panicked look.

"Ah, yes... though last time i saw the crowd, they were much farther away, i do have to ask what you are doing here alone?" He asks of her with a raised brow, and ester scoffs

"You're asking me the questions? I should be the one asking you, my lord!" She scoffs as she glares at the man, who blinks in surprise at her tone before understanding where she may be coming from. He clears his throat

"I suppose i am, so, what are you doing here alone?" He asks, she scoffs again. While it might seem impolite, she decides that she was alone with the man, so why not be harsh?

She began to try and walk away from his conversation while she was on one side of the vines, he was on the other and he followed her.