ミ✮ 𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐥 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬┆[m. fushiguro]

𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠: megumi fushiguro x fem!oc

𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 5760

𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: in which old habits die hard for a girl with an immense amount of pressure weighing her down all while a first-year sorcerer pines for her

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: strong language, angst, mention of a dysfunctional family dynamic, my oc having kind of a low self-esteem, less megumi interaction than i hoped for when writing this, a bit of fluff towards the end (y'all get the good ending), me lowkey simping for maki

𝐕. 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬 — my bad for starting out with an "x OC" but this idea has been plaguing my mind for months. btw, my oc's power was inspired by sindel from mortal kombat ('cause she's mother)

。・:*:・゚★

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐒𝐔𝐍 shined through the emerald-hued greenery the large trees provided, casting odd little shadows on the path leading toward the famous institution the two talented sorcerers attended. They were almost there. Finally. After a miserable day, they would be able to replenish and rest. The occasional stray pebble crunched beneath their semi-scuffed shoes which certainly needed to be polished and rather soon.

A comfortable silence settled between the pair of students while they savored the cool breeze that tickled their partially flushed cheeks and foreheads which glistened with perspiration. Having recently—a mere twenty-five minutes ago—exorcised a curse, both girls felt accomplished. And exhausted, but most of all high on the essence of victory.

Pulling a deep breath into her lungs, Maki Zen'in observed her counterpart—her best friend—from the corner of her highly critical eyes, genuinely impressed by the way the brunette walking alongside her carried herself. Especially after such a strenuous mission. After all, exorcising that grade two curse from a nearby hospital was no cakewalk. Still, the two up-and-coming sorcerers had seen worse. They had previously been up against much, much worse.

Now that they were well into their second year, they were wiser. Stronger. More resilient. The girl of seventeen carefully tilted her neck, thus allowing the joints connecting her neck and shoulders to emit an audible pop which forced Maki to scowl a bit. She despised whenever her friend did that.

On the other hand, Yuna Ikeda was oblivious to her companion's reaction, entirely wrapped up in her own thoughts. Reaching up to tuck the small strands of hair behind her pierced ears—each housing four pieces of jewelry—which had managed to escape her expertly tight bun, the brunette pursed her lips as she thought about her future. There were all too many thoughts flying around within the confines of her brain. Each of them brought on more panic than the next.

Like what she would be doing in ten years' time? Would she ever learn to precisely control the cursed technique she was blessed with? Would her parents—especially her mother—finally view her as a valuable member of the illustrious Ikeda clan's lineage? Or perhaps she'd be known as a reckless and incompetent sorcerer for the rest of her life.

No. Absolutely not.

That possibility was unacceptable. Yuna knew who she was meant to be. The youngest in her family, sure, but she was also the most proficient—having been born with a formidable ability to rival all her siblings. Now she just needed to take the reigns and restrain it. Easier said than done. Glints of sunshine reflected off of Maki's glasses when she turned her head to the side to take a peek at Yuna.