ミ✮ 𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞┆[k. nanami]

𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠: kento nanami x fem!reader

𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 3753

𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: in which he would do anything to appease his fiancée...even the most unmasculine of things

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: strong language, pure domestic bliss, non-sorcerer!reader, a brief mention of fertility and/or a possible pregnancy but there's no actual pregnancy, age gap (3 years), this is the official yassification of nanami, i love him too much and it shows

𝐕. 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬 — this man ain't dead according to the lies i tell myself :,) but anyway, writing this cured my soul.

。・:*:・゚★

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐑 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 into the cramped apartment was hastily unlocked and opened, not long before it was slammed shut. The thin walls shook with force as a lively giggle ripped through the minimal space while the television continued playing in the background. That beautiful sound slipping past [Y/N]'s lips always seemed to make Nanami's night no matter how shitty his workdays were.

In the midst of taking off his shoes and shedding his suit jacket, the man heard bare feet padding against the wooden flooring. A subtle smirk was tugging at his mouth as Nanami struggled to keep up his usual aloof demeanor. There was no doubt about the fact that his soon-to-be wife brought out the best of him—she actually made him feel human.

She made him forget about the unspeakable things he saw daily. And while [Y/N] herself wasn't a sorcerer, she made time to familiarize herself with what it took to become a respected one. Nanami cracked his knuckles and rolled his shoulders back, noting the tight joints and the sharp pain in his upper back. He rolled his eyes in disbelief and clenched his jaw as he began thinking.

Am I really getting this old?

The poor man's inner monologue toyed with him plenty because as soon as the thought of aging crossed his mind, Nanami felt his insecurities push themselves to the surface—placing him on the brink of dejection and denial. Though before he could fully submerge himself into a deep, frigid sea of self-pity, the blond man became hyper-aware of a pair of eyes staring him down while he loosened the tie around his neck.

Upon turning away from the front door, the stoic man was faced with a shining aura—the kind that could solve all of the world's miserable woes. In all her fiery glory, Nanami's otherworldly fiancée stood nearby, clutching her precious feline in her arms. The gray fur ball let out a prolonged meow in response to the man's presence which Nanami reciprocated with a blank expression alongside a sigh.

That creature was the bane of his fucking existence. However, the beautiful young woman grasping onto the animal was who the sorcerer actually cared more about. She might've been three years younger and slightly juvenile from time to time, but the care and affection she showed to every person around her made [Y/N] appear like an absolute treasure amongst millions of malicious individuals.

Unexpectedly rushing forward, the bright-eyed young woman came toe to toe with her almost-husband—at least that's what she oftentimes called Nanami—and looked into his eyes expectantly. [Y/N] was itching to hear all about the anecdotes that came with being a sorcerer. Her fiancé's stories were always more riveting than the ones that came with her own occupation.