ミ✮ 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭┆[t. inumaki]

𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠: toge inumaki x fem!reader

𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 648

𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲: in which a movie night is inadvertently ruined

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: strong language, bad writing and an even worse plot line, brief fluff, a fictional murder?, short chapters are my actual nightmare

𝐕. 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬 — wanted to try my hand at a blurb-y chapter. you guys are finally getting a break from my usual word vomit

。・:*:・゚★

𝐀 𝐆𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐔𝐋𝐋 moon shines down on the setting laid out in front of the murderer—a dimly lit, isolated home at the edge of the clearing. The killer smirks to himself beneath the Noh mask at the chances of ending the night with one final death on his hands.

The killer's palms were now sweating as he took the recently sharpened blade—compliments of the rocks he found down by the creek—and gripped it in his veiny hand as he began to creep up on the unsuspecting teenager.

The scene was too perfect—right as the killer got one more step closer to the girl, a twig snapped in half under his foot which successfully alerted the girl before him. She gasped then a shrill scream ripped erupted from her throat right before the masked maniac slit her throat.

A dull thump erupted, her lifeless body toppling to the ground.

"This is definitely gonna be my new comfort movie. The cinematography is literally gorgeous!"

[Y/N] exclaimed, placing a hand on her chest rather dramatically. She was truly moved by the morbid film.

What cinematography? Every scene has been almost pitch black so far. And they wanted us to feel bad for this guy from the beginning. He killed his family, [Y/N]...

Her boyfriend's opinionated reply came through his phone thanks to the text-to-speech app he used. It still caught [Y/N] off guard how fast Toge typed.

"Yeah, that's true. But his aesthetic though. Like, come on, pairing combat boots with a yukata is fucking sick."

The girl pointed towards the television screen to prove her claim as she gestured at the antagonist's outfit. Toge, for a second, hesitated. Then tilted his head to the side—debating. Only then did he start typing on his phone again.

Fine. I'll admit, the costume design is pretty good, but I still think we should've watched something else.

The response prompted [Y/N] to playfully roll her eyes and smirk.

"'Something else?' Like another documentary about penguins? I can't deal with drama about penguins stealing each other's rocks. Not again."

Toge blushed at the subtle call out. So what if he had a soft spot for penguins? No big deal. Still, he turned to his phone in retaliation.

But you'll watch those stupid reality shows for hours. Makes sense.

"Okay, well, I don't like how the voice-over dude detects sarcasm. He needs an attitude adjustment. You're lucky I love you and choose to put up with your moody AI."

She heard Toge breathe out a short-lived laugh which was shockingly followed by his real voice this time around. Possibly the best sound in the universe.

"Love you too."

It was low, hesitant, and over in an instant, but [Y/N] treasured it nonetheless. If only the moment wasn't spoiled by a third very familiar voice.

"Shh! You two talk too much. By the way, I gotta admit, this movie sucks. Couldn't you guys have picked a better one?"

[Y/N] spotted Itadori in her peripheral vision. He sat unbothered in the corner of the room occupying a bean bag with an entire bowl of popcorn in his lap.

Thus, a pillow was launched at him courtesy of [Y/N], of course.

"Get out of here, you little goblin!"

Not wishing to face her wrath, the first year sprinted out of the room and left the young couple regretting the fact that they didn't go to an actual movie theater.