─ 05. athena and the fortress of trust issues

♡

June 2nd, 2023
10:45 AM

Ten fuckin' days had had passed since I met that bumbling shit muffin at the store – and shit had gotten so much worse since then.

For one, that little beech nut next door was cozying up with my family (mainly North) and that shit had been coming to dinner (which I had made sure to miss – and begged Grams and Gramps to let me crash at their place during dinner). Two; my entire family seemed to love that little creamed face loon.

I just don't get why they won't just adopt that fucker; with the rate their relationship is progressing.

A frown came upon my lips.

Okay. I am a little jealous of their attention on him, but still.

He's a complete dick. Why can't they just see that?

I sucked in a sharp breath.

What if he's getting closer to them to take me down?

Shut up, Athena. Not everything is about you, I scolded myself, feeling guilty by being bigheaded.

I sent another text to Sawyer, begging him to come home as I listened to North laugh loudly downstairs and rolled my eyes.

Yes, my enemy is downstairs, if you were wondering. At ten forty five in the morning, no less.

I rolled my eyes, and wondered why my eyes haven't just got stuck back there at this rate. I've been rolling them too much, I really got to stop doing that.

I got up from bed and scurried to my desk, where my laptop was sitting opened. While I confined myself to my room while the rat shit is downstairs, I reckon I should be getting some work done. I cracked my knuckles and pulled my hair back with a clip and got to work.

An hour must have passed, and I was completely stuck in my own world when the doorknob rattled and opened. My eyes never left the laptop screen when a figure stepped past the threshold of my room, figuring it was just Mom or Dad.

But I froze and clenched my teeth when that familiar mocking melodic voice spoke up.

"Hey, princess." he greeted, more than likely holding those delectable lips in a amused smirk.

"Fuck off." I snapped, not in the mood to go and forth bantering with him. I blinked and continued to tap the keys on my laptop – hoping he got the memo and left my fuckin' room.

I never once glanced at him. Honestly, I didn't feel like being hypnotized by his otherworldly beauty.

But that little bitch didn't leave.