─ 11. the adventure of resting bitchface, miss deepthroat & beaver nugget

♡

June 6th, 2023
9 am

"--It's obvious that fruity pebbles tops cocoa pebbles any fuckin' day."

"Unlikely," JK remarked dryly, rolling his eyes tiredly. I drew back with a disbelieving gasp, "You have no taste."

Just to clue you all in, JK and I had been arguing for the past ten minutes – not moving out of the cereal aisle – debating whether or not my Fruity Pebbles beat his Cocoa Pebbles. I was right – but he was just so damn stubborn!

By this point, people had already given us odd looks, but neither of us gave a single flying fuck.

"You are the one with no taste, princess." JK snickered, tongue peeking past his lips to lick at the two silver loops that were threaded side by side on the left side of his bottom lip. My eyes followed the movement and paused on his lips – rendering me speech. I loathed this man, but fuck if he didn't make me needy.

He followed my gaze and smirked. Purposely, he licked his lips again, slower and sexier than before – taking enjoyment in the way my cheeks heated with anger (...right?).

I rolled my eyes and took a step back.

Then he took a step forward, nearly caging me against the cereal shelves.

I sucked in a sharp breath as the scent of his cologne hit my nose. I sniffed lowly, quietly just to take in the alluring scent more.

JK looked into my eyes, and without looking away, reached above my head. It was impossible for me to look away when he was staring at me so intensely. My stomach rolled when he brought down two boxes of cereal.

The tension between just was stifling.

In his hands, JK held a box of Fruity Pebbles and Cocoa Pebbles.

Throwing them into the cart, JK pushed the cart down the ise without a backward glance. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach and I hated that feeling came to me because of him.

Huffing, I followed after him like a lost puppy as he found the things he needed.

The minutes ticked by slowly and JK finally announced that he had gotten everything he needed.

"About time–" the words cut off when I found a woman at the end of the aisle, a familiar woman, seemingly to be waiting for us – no JK, to be precise, if her desperate gaze on his body had any indication.

I watched her closer, mind whirling as I tried to remember how or when I saw her face.

"Princess?" his lyrical voice rang in my ears as he stepped closer to me, bending at the waist to get a good look at my face. "You okay?" he asked, sounding more concerned than he ever had been. I ignored him, head tilting so I was gazing past him to the woman that was now starting towards us.