The Incidence

"Guys, where are we?"

"Am I dead?"

The explosion happened so fast.
Crux felt dizzy, ringing in his ears, and his vision was still blurry.
His whole body felt like it was vibrating as if his bones were stretching.
He also still felt the heat on his body.

On the other hand, Yuki and Jun were still unconscious.
Crux saw that Yuki and Jun were in very different positions from him.
Yuki was lying about 35m to the right of Crux, while Jun was lying about 30m in front of Crux.

Crux then looked around.
He was in an empty field surrounded by buildings that he had never seen before.
However, none of them seemed affected by the previously big explosion.
Crux was confused by the environment, which felt very different.
He felt a warmer morning atmosphere than the usual cold of Hiroshima.

Crux tried to stand up and walk towards Yuki while shouting.

"Help!!"

"Anyone, please help us!!"

When he reached where Yuki was lying, he tried to wake her up. 

But his hands just passed through Yuki's body. 

He also felt a strange vibration in his hands.
Crux looked panicked and then tried to grab his own hand,
but they just passed through each other as if there was nothing.

Soon after, someone arrived with a strange floating vehicle in front of Crux.
The stranger exited the vehicle and he was wearing unusual clothes.
then he walked towards Crux and Yuki.

"Hey, are you ok? What's going on? What happens to your friends? And why do you use that?"

The stranger wondered what happened to them,
and he also seemed confused by their loose clothing.
The person had an oval-shaped white face, wavy blond hair, a pointed nose, and thin beard.
He was almost 6 feet tall and weighed about 75kg.
He wore tight dark blue and gold clothing around his neck with a G logo on his chest.
His outfit looked like a typical wetsuit from top to bottom,
only open at the palms and neck.
The soles of his pants were black and almost looked like shoes.

"Please help my friends sir, bring them to the hospital." Crux begged for help.

"Alright alright, just calm down and call me Mark." said the man named Mark.

Then, Mark checked Yuki's pulse.
then he went back to his vehicle and he seemed to be searching for something.
Mark returned to Yuki carrying four small pieces of paper.

"Take off her shoes." Mark told Crux to take off Yuki's shoes.

"I i i can't do that." Crux replied hesitantly.

"What do you mean you can't do that? Do you wanna help her or not?". Mark firmly told Crux.

Crux was afraid Mark would find out what was happening to him.
But Crux really wanted to help Yuki.
So, Crux tried to take off Yuki's shoes.

This time, Crux managed to grab Yuki's shoes.
He quickly took off both of Yuki's shoes,
even though he was confused about what was really happening to him.

Mark immediately stuck the paper that he held to Yuki's right foot. 

"Here, push this until she wakes up. I'll help the other one," Mark instructed Crux to push two papers to both of Yuki's feet. 

Crux followed Mark's command,
Crux was confused about what would happen and the purpose of the papers on Yuki's feet.
The paper that Crux pressed seemed to disappear from his hand,
and Yuki had awakened from her consciousness.

"Crux, what are you doing there? Where are my shoes?" Yuki asked, confused.

"Yuki, finally," Crux spontaneously hugged Yuki who was confused.

"Wait, aren't we..." Yuki released the embrace and tried to remember the last.

"Are we dead? Is this the afterlife?" Yuki asked Crux.

"I'm not sure, I'm confused right now, but I think we are still alive," Crux replied.

"And I think this is not Hiroshima because he speaks English, and he's not Japanese," Crux continued, turning to look at Mark.

"Have we been thrown far away from Hiroshima because of that big explosion?" Yuki continued to wonder. 

"We might be in a different time or a different world. I'm not sure after surviving the big explosion and waking up to see these unique buildings and a flying car right in front of me," Crux replied, pointing to Mark's vehicle and the surrounding buildings.

Crux was still trying to process all the unusual things that were happening to him all of a sudden.

"Ah, there are my shoes," Yuki saw her shoes and wanted to pick them up. 

When Yuki touched her shoes, it slowly began to freeze.
Yuki panicked and she was frightened.
Crux was very surprised to see Yuki's ability. 

"How did you do that?" Crux asked, curious.

"I don't know either," Yuki replied, frightened.

"Hey, it's okay. I'll tell you about my powers soon," Crux said.

"Do you have powers too?" Yuki asked.

"Hmm, I'm not sure, but it seems so," Crux replied.

Fortunately, Yuki's shoes didn't completely freeze, only the front part.
Crux helped Yuki put on her shoes, so it wouldn't freeze.
Then Crux and Yuki approached Jun and Mark. 

"Are you good, Jun?" Crux asked.

"Just tell me, what the hell happened here?" Jun asked, bewildered.

"We should ask him," Crux replied, pointing to Mark.

"I also have many questions for you because you don't seem to be from here. But it's better if we go to Professor Gale's place. Maybe he knows all the answers," Mark replied, also confused and curious about them. 

"Besides, this is not a safe place to talk. Let's get into my vehicle and leave this place," Mark continued, he is looking impatient to see Prof. Gale's reaction about this.

Crux, Yuki, Jun, and Mark got into Mark's flying car and headed to Professor Gale's place.

To Be Continue