The Future

The young team were left alone in Professor X's office to discuss what they should do. They were silent. Peter sighed as he turned away from the door and faced the group, "Well I guess we all know what we're doing." Peter said. Everyone looked at him as Kaldur crossed his arms.

"And what is that?" Artemis asked.

Peter spread out his arms, "We help them."

Wally's eyes widened as Superboy looked away and Kaldur looked at Peter as if he was crazy, "No." Kaldur told him.

Peter put his hands on his hips as he gave Kaldur a confused look, "What do you mean, 'No'?" he asked.

"No. We are not helping them." Kaldur added.

"Why not?" M'gann asked as she stood up from the couch, "If this could stop the potential end of the world, we have to help them."

"Helping them could potentially stop it. It's not 100% and personally, I don't think getting the help of a fricken supervillain helps us save the future." Wally replied.

"Neither does breaking out someone from a prison." Kaldur added.

"A good person!" Peter replied. "And you're right. We don't know anything about the future. So how are we right to say how the future could end up or not." Wally rolled his eyes as he looked away, "...Professor X is one of the wisest and smartest people I know. He wouldn't want to make us work with Magneto unless we needed to to. Same thing for Wolverine. None of you may know him like I do, but he will be the last person to agree working with magneto"

"Still no." Kaldur replied. "I am the leader of this team and we still have a choice on whether we help them or not. We are heroes. We will not break someone out of prison nor work with a supervillain that aims to destroy humanity."

"How about a vote?" Dick suggested as he also stood up. "They obviously need our help. We could help them save the future. Some aren't completely on board as the others. So we vote. All those in favor of helping them?" he said. Peter stuck his hand up, followed by Artemis, then Dick.

"All those in favor of NOT helping them?" Dick then said.

Wally and Kaldur stuck up their hands. Followed by Superboy, hesitantly.

They all then looked at M'gann. "It's your choice, green bean." Wally told her.

She hesitantly... brought her hand up, "I say we help them."

Wally was shocked, "M'gann??" he questioned.

M'gann had a guilty look on her face, "Sorry, guys. But Peter's right. And the professor is right. If we have to work with the enemy to save humanity. AND that person is from the future... I say we should." 

Kaldur sighed, "And what would the league think of this?" he asked.

"I mean, Batman has worked with his supervillains before, same thing for Superman, Green Arrow, Aquaman... And here, we could literally save the future." Dick replied.

"I understand why you might doubt all this, Kaldur. But sometimes, to do good, we will have to make some alliances that may not be the most favorable. As heroes, we have the responsibility to put aside personal reservations for the greater good." Peter explained.

This did get to Kaldur. But... he would not be so swayed so easily, which Peter could tell, so he continued and slapped his hands against his thighs, "Okay. Fine. You're the leader. You decide the team won't go. Then the team won't. Spider-Man, Artemis, Robin, and Miss Martian on their own on the otherhand? THEY will. So if you don't want to help... Then just leave. Me?" He walked over to the door and opened it, "I'm staying. And if anyone felt the same as me, you'd join me."

And that was the last Peter said. He left the room. M'gann, Artemis and Dick all looked at Kaldur, feeling that they were doing the right thing, but also guilty over leaving their friend behind. They then followed Peter and left.

Peter, M'gann, Dick and Artemis went their separate ways to look around the school. As M'gann walked down the hall, she heard a whistle from behind her, "Megan." the man called. She turned around and saw Logan walking up to her.

A smile appeared on her face, "Hi, Logan." she greeted.

"Has he done it yet?" He asked as he stopped in front of her.

She looked at him confusingly, "Done what?"

He sighed, "Good. I'm not too late." he said.

"Not too late for what?" She asked him.

Logan looked around to see if anyone might be nearby or listening, "Look into a mind."

"What?" She asked laughingly. 

"Just look into my mind." He said again as he moved her hands up to his temples, "And look for Peter. But early Peter. Around this year."

M'gann didn't question it as Logan closed his eyes. M'gann's eyes glowed white and then... she looked inside.

Spider-Man in a black suit attacking civilians, but needing to be saved by her teammates. 

Spider-Man in a black gooey suit holding MJ by the throat.

Spider-Man in a black suit punching Scorpion's jaw clean off.

And lastly... A large black creature with a white symbol across it's chest that was screeching on top of Oscorp Tower.

M'gann exited and was utterly shocked. She pulled her hands back and stepped back. She couldn't believe what she just saw. What was Spider-Man doing hurting innocent people? And especially MJ? "...What... was that?" She questioned.

"Peter. Or what eventually happens to him." Logan explained.

"When does it happen?"

"Around this year." Logan answered.

"Well it hasn't happened yet. We still have time to stop whatever that is from happening." M'gann said, but Wolverine scoffed as he took out a cigar.

"We've tried." he said as he stuck it in his mouth and searched his pockets for his lighter.

"What? How have you tried before?" She asked.

"This isn't the first time we've tried stopping the sentinels from being created." He lit his cigar.

The smoke began to blow into M'gann's face, but she quickly used her telepathy to make it go in another direction, "How many times?"

He leaned against a wall, "About 6. It's the first time we've tried doing it this way apparently. And the professor is sure it'll work." he said. He noticed M'gann gulp and stood back up straight, "Each time, I've tried stopping this from happening to Peter. It always happens. One way. Or another. It can't be stopped."

"So why are you telling me this, then?" She asked, looking down.

He took a step closer to her, "Because there needs to be someone to stop him from going too far in. I can't do that. Someone also needs to be there for him when he gets through it. Which he will." He put his hand on her shoulder, "I know you, with some help from the chick with the bowtie and coat, can do that."

A look of confusion quickly appeared on her face and she looked up at him, "What girl with a bowtie and coat?" she asked.

Logan quickly froze, "Too early. You'll get there soon." he said before he walked past her.

Later,

M'gann, Peter, Dick, and Artemis stood in one of the underground rooms of the X Mansion, along with Cyclops, Professor X, Storm, Jean, Logan, Iceman and Kitty. They stood around the hologram projection of the prison Rogue was being held in. "I am glad you decided to work with us." Xavier told them.

Peter nodded. "Okay. What's our plan?" Artemis asked. 

"Room for 3 more?" A voice spoke from the doorway. They turned to look at it and saw Wally, Kaldur, and Superboy all standing there.

Xavier smiled, "I was wondering how long it would take you."

This is gonna be the last time the Venom Suit is gonna be foreshadowed, because I feel like I've done it too much and it's becoming sort of... annoying I guess? If it happens again, it's probably gonna be like a slight mention.