The Future Is Never Truly Set

Charles let out a sigh of relief as a tear fell down his face. The rest of the heroes all calmed down and relaxed. 

Mystique continued to glare at Trask and the government officials. She then sighed and turned around. She crouched then pulled off Magneto's helmet. She then began walking off, "He's all yours, Charles!" she said out loud.

Charles put his fingers back on his temple as he had a determined look on his face. Magneto's eyes suddenly shot open and got up. Charles shot his hand open and forward. Magneto turned towards where Charles and the heroes were and he also shot his hand open and towards them. He pulled the metal beams off of Charles, along with some of the rubble that had metal in it.

Charles' arms fell back down as all the weight was lifted off of him. Magneto dropped it nearby and Peter crouched down to help lift him up by his arm. Magneto, now conscious, turned and looked around confusingly. He looked down at noticed his helmet on the ground, a couple of feet away from him. Magneto then looked at the heroes, mainly Charles, "If you let them have me, I'll be as good as dead... You know that." he told Charles.

Charles nodded, "...I know."

A small smile grew on Magneto's face, "Goodbye, old friend."

"Goodbye, Erik."

Erik then looked to the side, where Mystique stood at the exit of the whole place, staring right back at him. He then held up his hands and hovered away into the sky.

Mystique then looked at Charles, who was staring right back at her. Both wanted her to stay, but they both also knew she couldn't. She gave him a smile. A smile he knew that he wasn't going to see in a long time. And all he could do... was smile back.

Mystique, on the verge of tears, walked away through the exit. "Are you sure we should've let them go?" Spider-Man asked Charles.

"Yes. I have hope for them." Charles said, "There's going to be a time, Peter, when we are all together."

"Hope..." Peter said to himself. Then there was one thing he could never forget, "And what about Logan?"

Charles looked up at Peter, "I promise you this... I will never stop searching for him. We will find him."

He could tell a smile appeared under the mask, "... And I'll help."

THE FUTURE

Logan shot his eyes open. He was in bed? The sunlight shone through the curtains, right into his eyes. He slowly sat up, simply confused as to what was happening, where he was, and how he got here. He turned around to the other side of his bed, seeing a holographic display of the time. He then heard footsteps outside his room.

He got out of bed and slowly and cautiously walked towards the door. Hesitantly, he opened it and what he saw surprised him. It was a kid walking out of a room on the other side of the hall. The kid walked down the hallway with his books and Logan's eyes followed. There were a few more kids down the hall.

An older Bobby with a beard was leaning against the doorway of a room with a wide smile on his face. Out of it, Kitty came and kissed him on the cheek. They both noticed him and smiled at him as they slightly waved. They then walked away, hand-in-hand.

Logan continued walking down the hallway, until he passed another room. It was a classroom? Rogue was teaching a class with a holographic projection alongside Gambit, her boyfriend. Logan didn't understand any of it.

He looked away and back down the hall, where he saw Beast walking down, "Good morning, Logan. Late start, I see?" he said as he walked past him with a smile.