Protection Services and Opening up

Happy Harbour; August 8th; 21:59 EDT

Outside Happy Harbour High, Miss Martian and Superboy were on the roof with her BioShip camouflaged over their heads. Inside the school, Aqualad looked through a window to the hallway from the Computer lab, "Miss Martian, link us up. We do not want the Shadows intercepting our comm." he told her telepathically. 

Miss Martian, with her finger against her ear, did just as Aqualad said and linked them all as she shut her eyes, "Everyone online?"

"Oh." Artemis groaned, who was also in the Computer Lab, along with Robin, Kid Flash, Spider-Man and Aqualad. She sat on the desk where Doctor Roquette was working on a computer, "This is weird."

"And distracting." Dr. Roquette added as she coded quickly. "Coding a distributed algorithm virus on a kiddie computer with less RAM than a wristwatch is hard enough. Now I have to hear teen think in my skull??" she complained as she clenched onto her head from annoyance and a headache from the telepathy. 

"Don't underestimate High School computers. I managed to hack into Iron Man's armour and the Batcave from 'em once." Spider-Man commented as he peeked through the blinds on the windows to look outside for any sight of anyone. He noticed the silence and turned around to see everyone looking at him, including the doctor. He shrugged, "Was pretty easy. Neither were very happy though." he added.

The doctor rolled her eyes before she continued typing, "Millennials." she commented. Spider-Man looked at the doctor and noticed Artemis staring at him with a smile, impressed by what he said. 

She then looked at Wally as he spoke, "Lady, do you always complain when someone tries to help you?" he replied as he ate a granola bar from a window ledge and Robin was also peeking through the blinds for any sign of activity.

"Pot, kettle. Have you met?" Artemis added sarcastically. 

Kid quickly got defensive, "Hey, I do not need attitude from the newbie who drove Red Arrow off the team."

She quickly stood up and pointed directly at him, "That is so not on me." she replied before she crossed her arms and looked away. 

Roquette stopped typing and looked up at her in annoyance, "Fate of the world at stake." she told them all. 

"She started it." Kid Flash blamed like a child. Unbeknownst to all of them, Spider-Man's eyes wouldn't leave Artemis. 

"How about I help Miss Martian and Superboy patrol the perimeter?" she offered as she got up and began to leave the room.

Aqualad eyed her as she walked past him through the exit, "Good idea." he told her. Spider-Man could hear the sass and dislike in his voice, and he wasn't very happy.

Spider-Man decided to follow her close behind. As he walked past Aqualad, he stopped and eyed him, "I know you're our leader and all. But both you and Kid Flash better quit it with the attitude or else we're gonna have problems." he silently told him, not telepathically.

Spider-Man then rushed to Artemis and walked beside her, "Hey." he greeted.

"Hey." she greeted back, not looking at him.

They then heard the group began to speak, "You might cut her some slack. It was her arrow that saved your butt against AMAZO." Robin spoke.

"What? No, that was Speedy's... I mean, Red Arrow's arrow, right?" Wally tried to deny.

"Not so much." Robin replied in a teasing tone. 

Kid Flash huffed in his head, "Huh." He huffed before he spoke, "Well, still not giving her the satisfaction."