The Wolverine

Logan retracted his claws and got off the young hero and held out his hand for Spider-Man to grab. He was wearing a new suit. Something Spider-Man had never seen before:

He grabbed his hand and Logan pulled him up, "Good to see you, Spider

He grabbed his hand and Logan pulled him up, "Good to see you, Spider." he greeted in his gruff tone. 

"You too. Where've you been?" Peter asked as he dusted himself off.

"Around. You?" Wolverine shot back.

"Around." Peter answered.

"The past 4 months says differently." Wolverine said as he began to walk off deeper into the woods.

Peter quickly ran up to catch up to him, "I was going through stuff..." Peter defended. 

"Mmmm..." Logan replied, knowing it was more than that. "The bat never told me I'd see you here, or those new friends of yours." Wolverine said l. He then stopped in front of a tree before pulling out the unconscious goon Peter was chasing, out of the bushes, "Here's your guy." he said and dropped him in front of Peter.

"Thanks." he said. Wolverine began to walk off, but Spider-Man quickly stopped him, "Hang on." he said, but Wolverine didn't stop walking away. Spider-Man rushed up to him and began walking with him, "Maybe we could... team up? We're both here for the same reason. Out mission is just a little more... covert. So come on."

"I'm not working with children." Wolverine replied.

"Hey, we're technically teenagers. M'gann is a Martian and Superboy is technically not a teenager." Spider-Man defended. He stood in front of Wolverine, stopping him in his tracks and making him growl, "Look. We're having... leadership problems. We need someone to sort of... guide us a bit. Or at least them."

"I'm not a leader." Wolverine replied.

"But you are a mentor... which is kinda the same thing, but you get my point." he begged.

"Isn't one of the whole points of your team forming that all you don't need some grown up to guide you?" Wolverine asked.

"Technically that's for them. Not me. And if you won't partner with them, partner me! Trust me. It'll be fun! And like a year ago. I'm begging." he asked. Wolverine sighed as Peter put his hands together in a begging position, making Wolverine roll his eyes.

He growled before he caved and gave his answer, "... Fine." He began to walk back to the area where the rest of Peter's team was, "But I'm NOT part of your team."

Peter let out a silent, "Yes...." He then followed Logan as he picked up the goon and threw him over his shoulder. 

Back with the group,

The 2 squads were tied around their own separate tree as the team next to each other and observed the 2 groups. The team were patiently waiting for Spider-Man to arrive, but they realized he was taking longer than he should, "Where the heck is Spidey?" Wally asked aloud, making sure not to say his real name.