Prologue

Felix's POV

Since I was very young I had a dream of becoming a k-pop Idol. I was fascinated by their talent, their singing, the complex choreos, their beauty and charisma. So, when I was a teenager, I finally decided to go after my dream. In my senior highschool year, I made all the necessary preparations to go to Seoul and try my luck. Dream big, right?

I grew up in quiet suburb of Sydney, Australia, in not-so typical Korean family. Considered handsome and popular by my peers, I was all in all happy as a child and a teenager.

A few nights before my departure, I was sitting with my best friend Stella, in her room, talking about my plans. We have known each other since kindergarten.

"So,that's it!" Stella said. Her tone was sad, I could tell, but she put on a happy face for me. "You are going away and leaving me here all alone." a small pout formed on her face. "Oh, come on! I scoffed. It is not like that you don't have half the boys in your class running after you." "Yeah... but no one can hold a candle to you." "Ewwwh!" We both laughed so hard, almost fell to the floor.

"Seriously though, Felix, I am gonna miss you so much." "I am gonna miss you too Stella. But, it is not like we won't see each other again, ever!" "As if you'll remember me when you become famous and have all the girls worshiping you!" "Or the boys." I teased." "And the boys." She corrected me. She was always comfortable with that aspect . My bisexuality did not make her uncomfortable and we could talk about everything. I loved that about her. Never judging, trying to understand, being a true friend... I hugged her tightly. "I am gonna miss you too." 

We stood there in comfortable silence for a while.

"You know, there is something I wanted to ask you before you leave." She turned and looked at me. "What?" "Do you wanna have sex?" I pulled back and looked at her shocked. "What?!?" "Hear me out! It's perfect! We've known each other for so long, we care for each other..." "Exactly, we are friends!" "We could use the experience!"She looks at me suggestively. "Stella, no..." "Oh c'mon! Don't you like me? Don't you think I 'm pretty?" "I do, just not in that way?... Maybe..." "Tell me that you never had a wet dream about me." She was staring at me with a smirk and one eyebrow raised. "Um, what?" I felt my cheeks burning, I would never admit that indeed I had... "Have you... had a... a dream about me?" I stuttered. "Mmmm! And you know what we did?"

I was flustered and I could see that Stella was too, although she pretended to be cool about it.

"C'mon! Let 's just try. It will stay between us." She leaned forward and kissed my lips. It felt weird but in a good way, I admit. "Can I say no?" "No, not really." We kissed again. This time I reached for her lips. As I pulled back, I caught her eyes sparkle with a fervor, unseen before. Her excitement rubbed off on me. She wrapped her arms around my neck, pulling me closer, and kissed me with a little more passion. She slipped her tongue in my mouth, making our kiss deeper, sloppier and wetter. None of us knew exactly what we were doing. It was awkward and funny as we kissed and caressed each other, shedding our clothes in the process. Soon, we were lying on her bed, naked, trying to figure things out, laughing awkwardly at our inaptitude. We had to keep quite though, cause her parents and sister were sleeping across the hallway, in their rooms. And just like that, we took each other 's virginity. It was tender and funny. I realzed how much we cared for each other, once again. We slept in each other's arms, both of us emotional and exhausted by the whole experience.

It was almost dawn when I climbed down from her window to run like a thief to my house, just crossing the fence. I opened the door and entered as quietly as I could. Everyone was still asleep or so I thought. As I tip toed towards the stairs to go to my room, I heard a soft thump coming from the kitchen. I turned my head and saw my mother, watching me through the open door, with a cup of coffee in her hand.

"Fuck!" I muttered under my breath.

She motioned me to go to her. I bowed my head and walked into the kitchen. "I assume you were with Stella until now." "Yes..." I nodded timidly. "Mmmm... Talking?" I nodded again silently. "Go get some sleep." "Yes mom." "And take a shower." My eyes opened wide. I swear I saw her smiling in her cup.

********************************************************

It was hard to say goodbye to everyone and everything I \ve known my whole life. My parents had always been supportive of anything I wanted to try, proud of my achievements and now trying to hide their worries and cheer me on. My sisters were inconsolable, not wanting to part from me, especially the younger one. But I think they were also happy for me. I too was anxious about  the unknown ahead but also excited. And so my journey began. It was long and difficult. I felt lonely and despaired. I almost lost everything. But I hung in there until I made it because I met seven boys who would stand by me and support me and become my family, my home away from home. One of them, in particular, stood out from the very first moment I laid eyes on him. A tall, skinny boy with black hair, a cute small face and a shy sweet smile. I think I fell in love with him right away. My heart skipped a beat whenever he was near me. I loved how caring and warm he was towards me from the start. He stole my heart and I don't think he ever gave it back.