The Grand Vizier's Defeat

"Pardon? Where did this come from, Jamil? Have I done something to offend you?" Azul asked, seeing the anger in the vice housewarden's eyes. "You really don't get it? Does the sad look on my face mean nothing to you?" Jamil asked, chuckling. "What...?"

"You made eye contact with me. Fool. The one you behold is your master. When I ask you a question, you will answer. When I give you a command, you will assent. Snake Charmer." Jamil said, using his signature spell. "What?! Gh... My head! Rgh..." Azul said, covering his head with one of his hands. "The pain will last as long as you resist. The sooner you give in and submit, the easier it will be for you. Go on, I'm waiting."

"......" Azul finally stopped making noise. "My master is....you, O mighty Jamil. I await your command, Master." Azul said, looking at Jamil. "Heh... Ha ha... Ha ha ha ha ha! You thought I was a mediocre magician, but you were sorely mistaken—an embarrassing misjudgment for the Housewarden of Octavinelle. But really... Because of you, all my carefully laid plans have gone up in smoke. All I needed was a little more nudging from the Ramshackle visitors, and the students would have kicked Kalim out." Jamil villianously laughed. 

"It was my way of getting Kalim ejected from his position without getting my own hands dirty. Do you have any idea how much painstaking effort I put into laying the groundwork for that? First, you're going to take the twins and go home to the Coral Sea... Wait, hold on. Azul. You returned all your contractually stolen powers back to their original owners recently, right?"

"Yes, master..."

"Tch. So much for using you as my own personal genie of the Lamp. Your signature spell is quite a valuable asset...but it would be hard to keep you controlled long-term." Jamil said, a bit disappointed. "But sir, I remember the contents of the contracts."

"What?" Jamil's eyes widened. "I remember all the secrets of the people I made contracts with. Their troubles. Their weaknesses. Their desires." Azul said, smiling. "What a twisted collection. I can see I made the right call not making friends with you. Does this intellectual cache of yours include Headmage Dire Crowley's secrets?" Jamil asked. "Of course, Master. I know one thing he would never want others to learn."

"Hah... Ha ha ha... That's it. That's it! It's all going to work out! You really are my genie of the lamp, Azul!" Jamil laughed, planning on how to kick Kalim out. "Do you wish to know the headmage's secret?"

"Oh, absolutely. Once I have the headmage's weakness in my grasp, I'll finally be free. I'll kick Kalim out of school and become housewarden myself!"

"Checkmate..." Kira said, appearing along with the others. "And there we have it." Jade said. "So, you finally show your true colors! I bet you thought you were real slick, pullin' the wool over our eyes!" Grim laughed, seeing the true colors of this servant. "How... How much did you hear?" Jamil asked.

"All of it, from start to finish. Your entire conversation from the moment you left the lounge....has been livestreamed to the world from Azul's smartphone." Jade said, showing the smartphone. "WHAT!?" Jamil exclaimed, looking at the phone. 

"Azul's Magicam livestream presently has five thousand active viewers. It's trending online under the topic: "A Certain Magicians' School's Dirty Little Secret." It's your moment in the sun, Vice Housewarden. Naturally, all the dorm students are gathered in the lounge, watching you." Jade added. Two scarabian students walked in, very displeased. "Vice Housewarden Jamil, is everything you just said true?"

"Have you really been deceiving us this whole time?!"

"Talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing! You're a fraud, through and through!" Grim said. "Y-you... You've got it all wrong. I..." Jamil stuttered to form words. "Don't even try to talk your way out of this one. The mind control magic you used on Azul is hard evidence! Jamil...It's been you all along. You've been using your signature spell on Kalim and making him throw Scarabia into chaos!" Jade exclaimed. "Gh...! I was trying to avoid escalating matters, but you leave me no choice. Azul, I command you! Subdue and restrain them all." Jamil said, pointing to the others.