The Thorn's Snap

Kira was walking down the hallway to get to her next class. It was hard to walk since her disease is spreading towards her legs, but she manages. "PUFFERFISH!!"

A familiar voice said, the person then came up behind Kira and squeezed her. Kira was trying to say something, but couldn't because Floyd was squeezing too tight.  She started to pour out blood from her mouth, "F-Floyd..."

Luckily Diasomnia was walking down the hallway. As soon as they started to come into view, Kira coughed up blood which caught their attention. "FLOYD! LET GO OF HER!" Lilia exclaimed, immediately trying to loosen Floyd's grip on her. 

Sebek yelled, "LET GO OF HER THIS INSTANT YOU STUPID HUMAN!" He managed to help Lilia loosen Floyd's grip around Kira. She fell to the ground and started to cough up more blood. "Precious Thorn! Are you okay!?" Silver asked, going to her side to try and help her stop coughing up blood.

However Malleus was understandably very upset, thunder could be heard in the distance. "Aww come on, I didn't squeeze that tight." Floyd upsetly said, not caring he hurt her. That made Malleus even more upset since Floyd showed no signs of remorse. "You made her cough up blood! Repent at once for hurting my mistress!"

"Nope, I'll be going now. Diasomnia is no funnnnn!" Floyd said, walking off.

As he walked off, you could hear sounds of thunder striking the eel as he walked out of view. Malleus then took a deep breath and calmed down. Lilia was rubbing Kira's back as she started to stop coughing up blood. "My sweet child, come here."

"Father, will she be okay?" Silver asked, worried about the amount of blood she had just coughed up. Lilia looked at her before saying, "She needs to return to the dorm and get some rest, she's ahead of her classes anyways. So it should be fine for her to miss class today."

"I will take her! My class won't start for a few minutes." Sebek exclaimed. Lilia nodded and helped Kira into Sebek's arms. She was very tired, you could tell from seeing the bangs under her eyes. Malleus came over and quickly kissed her forehead,

"Thank you, Sebek." Kira said, as she closed her eyes. Sebek smiled and carried her off to Diasomnia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Despite being a head of her classes, Kira was upset about missing school since it meant that she couldn't spend lunch time with Leona.

She was currently resting on the bed, trying to go to sleep. It was hard to rest when her disease was hurting. If only Reina was here to use the spell Kira taught her.

"Kiki?" Kira knew that nickname. It was the nickname that Reina gave her. She must have gotten word about her missing school. "Kiki, I am here to help."

"R-ReiRei..." Kira faintly smiled and reached her hand out for Reina. "I knew it! Your disease is acting up again." Reina said, taking Kira's hand. "Mother, you should really tell them. They can hel-"

"NO! I don't n-need help...I am not w-weak." Kira said, though her anger didn't last long as she went from being upset into being in pain. "Mother! Please don't be upset. You need rest, let me use the spell you taught me."

"Y-Yes please..." Kira faintly said as she let go of Reina's hand and pulled the blankets over her shoulder.

Reina placed her hands on Kira's face before using magic to make her fall asleep. Kira slowly closed her eyes and went to sleep. "Rest well, mother. You're a better mom to me than my own mother ever will."

Reina placed the plushes of Malleus and Leona in her arms before quietly walking away. "Feel better soon, mother."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~