Seeing the End

"The Thorn Fairy who ruled over a dark mountain. Controller of thunderclouds and briars, she possessed insurmountable magical might. A noble fairy who employed many servants, yet still retained a proud independence." A familiar voice said, "...So says the inscription. Our dorm, Diasomnia, is built upon the ideals of her noble spirit." 

"Kira-senpai, thank you for explaining!" Yuu said. Kira walked to them with Silver and Sebek beside her. The two bodyguards were tasked with guarding her after the S.T.Y.X incident. "Those two are in the Equestrian Club, right?"

"They are, don't be shy you two. Introduce yourselves to the Child of Man and Grim." Kira smiled at the two. "I am Sebek Zigvolt, loyal retainer to my liege and mistress!" Sebek exclaimed. "I am Silver, I am also the retainer to Malleus and Precious Thorn."

"Child of Man, are you interested in the legend of the Thorn Fairy? I would be glad to answer any questions you have to the best of my ability." Kira said, smiling. Her smile was the most adorablest and most precious in the school. "Did people exclude her from things a lot?"

"Exclude her...?" Kira hesitantly said, one of her fingers touching her chin in a thinking way. "The temerity! How could you even suggest that about one of the honorable Great Seven?! The Thorn Fairy's power was greater than anyone's, and she possessed the noblest of spirits. She commanded the utmost respect. The very idea of her being an outcast is ridiculous!"

"I'm not so certain about that. I imagine people feared her and kept her at arm's length specifically because of how exceptional she was. Respect grows into awe, and over time, awe turns into dread. Such is the way of things." Kira said, she placed one of her hands of Sebek's back to calm him down. "Anyone foolish enough to hate the Thorn Fairy for such a trivial reason might as well be dirt. Refrain from pestering my mistress with such impertinent questions, human!"

"Man, this guy's the definition of condescending! News flash, buddy, you ain't the Thorn Fairy!"

"Sebek, let it go." Silver said. Kira looked at them both and floated herself to their shoulders using magic. She placed a hand on their shoulder, "No fighting, dears. I don't want any—Agh!!"

"Young Mistress! Please refrain from using magic." Sebek exclaimed. He and Silver caught her with her arms wrapped around their necks. "Is she okay!?"

Silver sighed, "After the S.T.Y.X incident, she had injuries on her chest and back. She's had a hard time using magic, which is why we've been helping her move around."

"Hm? I heard someone." 

"Oh fiddlesticks, I'm late!" Lilia exclaimed, running. "...Lilia? Why are you in such a hurry? And not using your magic?"

Lilia huffed before saying, "I may have overdone it with binge-gaming with an online buddy of mine last night...Which cause me to oversleep," He said, "Silver, why didn't you wake me up?"

"I did. Three times." Silver said, "Though you shouldn't expect me to manage your sleep schedule anyway. You know how much mine fluctuates."

"Fufu, why did't you use magic to simply get ready and teleport to class in an instant, though..." Kira said, with a bit of worry in her voice. She never has seen Lilia be late for any class before. 

Kira sighed, "You must still be waking up." She smiled and laughed a bit. "Mm...Yes, well, anyway—Remind Malleus that the juniors are suppose to meet in the lecture hall for the first period today. "

"Of course. I almost forget that we have orientation for our fourth year, starting September. I shall tell him, I know where he is." Kira smiled and hugged Lilia. 

The bell then rang, signaling the start of the first period. "Silver, Sebek, you two better head to class." Kira said. "Of course Mistress, but don't take advantage of her kindness, humans!"

The two bodyguards walked off, "I wouldn't be worried, you are welcomed to come talk about the Thorn Fairy, anytime with me." Kira smiled, however, her ears were focused somewhere else. "Check it out, it's Malleus Draconia's entourage."

"Dude, FR? I'm kinda in a hurry. His entourage won't curse me or something if I overtake 'em on the way in, right?"

"Surely not, but I understand what you mean, even walking by them is nerve-racking."

"Draconia's got monster-tier magic power, right? Like, he's one of the top five mages in the world. Why would he enroll in an arcane academy...?"

"Not like he's gonna learn anything hear."

"Who knows? You can never tell what he's thinking. It makes him kinda scary, actually...."

"I had class with him last year, and I was sweatin' bullets the whole time. I tried to make myself as invisible as possible just so there'd be a lower chance he'd look at me."

"I'd say you do a good job of being invisible when you don't try."

When she heard their conversation, she couldn't help but be upset. Humans, they always have something horrible to say about my love... She thought. "Time to find Malleus."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the hallways, she was walking when she spotted Reina. "Oh hey Kiki, I spotted Malleus down the hall. He was wondering about first period."

"Thank you, ReiRei." Kira smiled and walked away. 

However, Reina was getting suspicious about her. Mostly because her magic is not like how it use to. She never even shows where her pen is. I must find out what you're hiding, mother. She thought. She'd need help, but first she's got to get to class.

Once Kira found Malleus, she smiled. "Malleus! I found you!" Kira said, running into his embrace. They were never good at hiding their relationship though. "Little Thorn, do you know what we're doing for first period?"

"We have orientation for the internship we're doing for our senior year." Kira said. "Thank you, Little Thorn. Come here." The two then connected lips and enjoyed their kiss. Kira wears both her rings on her hand, she smiles looking at them. "We better get to the lecture hall, my love."

"Alright. Let's go, Little Thorn. Remember that I love you."

"And I love you too." Kira replied back. Malleus decided to carry her to the lecture hall.

Once there, they open the door and entered.

To Be Continued....