5: mysterio

CHAPTER 5
Mysterio

"YOU can lose the masks

"YOU can lose the masks."

Kassidy and Peter trailed behind Nick Fury in a dark, ominous hallway. When he spoke, they glanced at each other unsurely.

"Everyone here has seen you without them." Fury continued. "You'd only be feigning anonymity and breathing through spandex for no good reason."

As they entered a bigger room, Kassidy obliged and removed her mask, Peter following suit. It felt strange, being in a room full of people and not concealing her face.

"Come on." Fury said, nodding his head along.

"Yeah." Peter muttered, beginning to walk as well.

Kassidy scanned the room, her eyes landing on various pieces of equipment, people, and slimy walls. Whatever this place was, they used it as a base.

"Over there, we have Maria Hill." Fury introduced, pointing out a woman. Kassidy knew who Maria Hill was. She hadn't seen her ever, but had heard many things about her, mostly through Tony. "That is Dimitri."

An intimidating man looked the two teens up and down while cocking a gun, causing Kassidy to divert her attention quite quickly.

"And this is Mr. Beck."

Standing in the middle of the room up ahead, was a man. This man was wearing the same cape that "Mysterio" had earlier, except he was missing the fish bowl that had been covering his face. Now, Kassidy could see the dark beard that covered his face, and the brown hair on his head.

"Mysterio?" Peter muttered.

"What?" Mr. Beck asked confusedly.

"Doesn't matter." Kassidy spoke up. "It's just what our friends had been calling you."

Mr. Beck nodded in understanding, and took a few steps closer to the teens. "Well, you guys can call me Quentin." he said, sticking out his hand.

Peter shook the man's hand, letting out a small smile. As the man moved to Kassidy, she introduced herself while shaking his hand.

"You two handled yourselves well out there today. Saw what you did with the tower." Quentin observed. "We could use people like you on my world."

My world?

Kassidy's eyebrows furrowed, and when she looked over at Peter for confirmation for what she just heard, his expression mirrored her own.

"I'm sorry. Your world?" Kassidy asked. "What, are you an alien?"

"Mr. Beck is from Earth. Just not yours." Fury explained.

"There are multiple realities. This is Earth Dimension 616. I'm from Earth 833." Beck continued.