13: comfort

CHAPTER 13
Comfort

IN the safety of the jet, Kassidy had gotten changed out of her suit and into a pair of shorts and a tank top

IN the safety of the jet, Kassidy had gotten changed out of her suit and into a pair of shorts and a tank top. Happy had obviously come prepared with a few changes of clothes for both teens.

Kassidy was lucky enough that the suit Fury had had made for her had a bulletproof vest built into it, which meant most of the bullets that had littered her torso hadn't done much damage. She still had one buried in her leg, however.

"Need anything stitched up?" Happy asked after she had reemerged into the main part of the jet.

Kassidy shook her head. The only things that were worrying her at the moment were her ribs, which were certainly broken; her head, which was certainly concussed; and the bullet that was still in her left leg.

"I think I'm alright." she said, levitating herself to one of the chairs so she wouldn't have to walk on her leg. "I'm gonna try and get this damned bullet out, though."

Her leg looked... rough. A large bruise had formed around the entrance wound, and there was dried blood that had ran down her leg. Peter was sat in the chair next to hers, and he looked down at her leg in concern.

"Jesus, Kass." he murmured.

"Eh, it's fine." Kassidy shrugged, tucking her hair behind her ear. "This is going to hurt like a bitch, though."

"Kass." Happy sighed, crossing the room with his first aid kit. "At least let me clean it."

Kassidy leaned back in her chair. "Fine." she murmured.

Happy got Kassidy to put her leg up before he began to clean it. It burned like hell. The skin around the bruise was tender and it hurt every time Happy would touch it. As soon as he was done, Kassidy bit her lip in anticipation. She opened her palm and focused on the bullet inside of her leg. She imagined expelling it.

She watched as her power seeped into the wound and she almost immediately let out a cry of pain. She could feel the bullet slowly ripping at the sides of her flesh as it was dragged out. She felt Peter grip her hand, allowing her to squeeze it as tightly as she needed to. She took full advantage of that, glad that Peter had super strength for she was crushing his hand.

After a few more agonizing seconds that felt like minutes, she pulled the bullet from her leg. Kassidy let the small object clatter to the ground before she slumped into her seat.

"Fuck." she mumbled.

"Hey, watch it." Happy warned, wrapping a bandage around her leg.