12: real?

CHAPTER 12
Real?

KASSIDY lunged forward in an attempt to go after Peter, but was stopped dead when the room completely disappeared from around her

KASSIDY lunged forward in an attempt to go after Peter, but was stopped dead when the room completely disappeared from around her. In fact, everything had disappeared. She was now surrounded by nothing but black. Nothing but shadows.

"Now, now, Kassie."

Becks voice filled the air around her, seeping into her ears and brain. She shook her head in attempt to get rid of him, but it did nothing.

"Don't call me that!" Kassidy yelled, turning in circles as if that would help her spot the man.

Out of nowhere, a drone flew at her, hitting her in the stomach and knocking her backwards. Limbs flailing in every direction, Kassidy expelled energy from her feet, attempting to steady herself before she ultimately fell to her death. Luckily, she had slowed herself down enough so that when she hit the ground, she stayed conscious. The wind was knocked straight out of her lungs, and she curled over in pain, grasping her ribs.

"You're making me do this, Kassidy." Becks voice rang out. "It's your fault."

A woman's scream echoed throughout the abyss, and Kassidy's eyes widened as she attempted to find the source of the noise. A wave of green engulfed the girl, and she was soon standing on a familiar Manhattan street, Avengers Tower looming over her.

The screaming continued, and Kassidy ran down the street, her eyes scanning the area around her for clues. She had ran far enough that she ended up at the base of the tower, destruction all around her.

"It's your fault they're dead."

The scene changed.

The screaming got louder, and a man's voice was added to the mix. Kassidy strained her ears in confusion, and a gasp left her lips when she realized just who it was she was hearing.

Her parents.

"No!" she exclaimed.

The scene changed once more, now an image of her parents, bloody and bruised. Her father was holding her mother in his arms, cradling her. Kassidy cautiously made her way forward, her lip trembling. When she was within reach, her father suddenly spun, his eyes completely black and empty.

"You did this!"

He dropped Caroline from his arms, her body turning to dust as it hit the ground, just as Kassidy's had the year prior. He lunged at his daughter, his arm outstretched in an attempt to grab her. Kassidy fell back onto her butt, crawling backwards until her back hit something. When she turned, she let out yet another scream.

Iron Man was dangling from the nonexistent ceiling, a rope around his neck. Tears welled up in Kassidy's eyes and she began to back herself up the way she came, shaking her head.