6: european hookup

CHAPTER 6
European Hookup

KASSIDY did not enjoy the trip from Venice to Prague

KASSIDY did not enjoy the trip from Venice to Prague. Considering she was very prone to motion-sickness, the windy roads bordered by thick trees almost made her lose her lunch on multiple occasions.

Now, she laid her head against the window, eyes pinched shut in agony, and her legs pulled up onto the seat against her chest. Peter was in the seat next to her, absentmindedly scrolling through his phone. Every once in a while, he would glance over at Kassidy, ensuring she wasn't going to puke on him.

Sitting in his open backpack, were the glasses Peter had obtained the night before. He clicked off his phone before leaning down and opening the box.

As he did, Kassidy turned in her seat, spotting the glasses. A curious expression took over her pale and sickly face, and she put her feet back on the ground.

"Try them on." Kassie told the boy, glancing up at him.

Peter did as he was told, gently picking up the glasses and placing them on his face. He turned so that he was facing the girl, and tilted his head.

"Well?" he asked. "How do they look?"

Kassidy's eyes crinkled as she smiled, and she nodded her head in approval. "You look good, Pete." she admitted. "Very distinguished."

Peter thanked the girl with a chuckle, before he noticed something else in the case. As he picked up the small card and flipped it over, Kassidy noticed the writing on it.

Tony's writing.

"For the next Tony Stark, I trust you." Peter read, his eyebrows furrowed. "Say EDITH."

As the name "EDITH" left Peters mouth, the glasses immediately lit up, and Kassidy leaned forward to get a better look at him.

"Hello?" Peter asked quietly, looking around the bus.

Kassidy tried her best to lean in and listen to what the glasses were saying, but she had no luck. Instead, she leaned back and waited for Peter to relay it.

"So he made you for me?" he asked, looking around in confusion. "Cool."

"What's it saying?" Kassidy asked, trying to put her own head next to Peters to listen. "I can't hear."

"EDITH stands for "Even Dead, I'm The Hero."" Peter relayed, listening to the AI intently. "Yeah, he did."

The boy let out a small chuckle, but Kassidy could tell that it was laced with sadness. She felt it as well, just looking at the glasses was a reminder of the fact that Tony was gone.

Peters eyes widened as he looked around the bus. He muttered a small "woah", before pinching his eyes closed and shaking his head.

"It's showing me everyone's phones." Peter explained, placing a hand above his eyes to prevent himself from snooping. "That's wrong. that's wrong."