7: interruptions

CHAPTER 7
Interruptions

WITH a little guidance from Kassidy, Peter had successfully gotten EDITH to delete the photo of him from Brads phone

WITH a little guidance from Kassidy, Peter had successfully gotten EDITH to delete the photo of him from Brads phone. Kassidy had been watching in amusement as Brad had tried to show Mr. Harrington the photo moments before they pulled up to their hotel, but he couldn't seem to find it on his phone.

To say this hotel was a step-up from the last would be extremely short of an understatement. As the class filed into the lobby, a doorman held the door open for them, and a man sat at a piano, playing a soothing tune.

"What can I say? The squeaky wheel gets the upgrade grease." Mr. Harrington smiled. "Everyone get settled in, rest up because tonight, big surprise, is Pragues annual carnival of lights!"

As Mr. Harrington stopped talking, Peters phone began to buzz, and he looked down at it before showing the screen to Kassidy.

NO CALLER ID

Kassidy pursed her lips before following Peter away from the group as he answered the phone.

"Hello?" A few moments of silence passed as Peter listened to whoever was on the phone, before he nodded his head. "Uh, yes, ma'am."

He stuffed his phone back into his pocket and turned back to face Kassidy.

"What was that about?" she asked.

"It was Maria Hill." he told her. "She said there's earpieces with our suits. Put them in. Await further instruction."

Kassidy's eyes widened for a moment. "Did you grab my-?"

"Yes, I grabbed your suit." Peter finished her sentence, a slight smile on his face. "I've got you."

"Thank you." Kassidy smiled, nudging him.

Suddenly, Ned rushed over to the two, glancing over his shoulder at the group as he went. "Hey, man." he greeted Peter. "Look, I am so sorry if I seem like I'm preoccupied with my relationship. You know, I'm still your guy in the chair."

"No, no, no. It's all good, don't worry about it." Peter assured his friend, shaking his head.

"And Kassidy, just know that if you ever need a guy in the chair... I'm the man for the job." Ned told Kass. "Also, uh, what's the status on the Elemental thing? Where's it gonna happen?"

Peter and Kassidy looked at each other nervously. "Uh, here in the city." Peter admitted, fiddling with his backpack.

"But, we're here!" Ned protested, looking between the two heroes in fear.

"Thanks, Ned." Kassidy nodded, pulling her lips into a straight line. "We're figuring it out, okay?"

"You have to do something, guys, please. We're all counting on you." Ned pleaded, his voice desperate.