11: back in berlin

CHAPTER 11
Back In Berlin

CHAPTER 11Back In Berlin

"YOU WHAT?"

Peter had just informed Kassidy that he had given Beck EDITH, along with complete access to the AI. To restrain herself from strangling the boy, she pulled at her hair.

"This is exactly why I can't leave you to your own devices!" she exclaimed, pacing back and forth while Peter pulled the blinds closed. "Seriously, Peter!"

"You had access to killer drones?" MJ asked, standing in the middle of the room with wide eyes.

"Yeah, I didn't really want them, especially after I almost killed Brad." Peter replied, bending over his laptop.

"You almost killed Brad?"

"Yet another example!" Kassidy exclaimed.

"We need to call Mr. Fury and tell him that Beck's a fraud, but I think he tapped our phones." Peter explained, his chest heaving.

"Okay, so what're you gonna do?" MJ asked.

Peter jumped to the corner of the room and grabbed ahold of his backpack. He began to slip off his sweater while unzipping the bag.

"Kassie, grab your suit." he told the girl, tearing off his shirt. "We're gonna have to go to Berlin."

Kassidy, without saying a word, sprinted from the room, MJ hot on her heels. She ignored the few people that roamed the hallways and bolted right into her room and to the bathroom. She gathered the black suit she had on hours before and threw it in her backpack. With MJ behind her, she re-entered Peter's room.

"Turn." she told the already-dressed boy.

Like it was a common procedure, because it was, Peter turned to face the wall while Kassidy tore off her shirt. She was halfway into her suit when the sound of the door creaking open caused her head to snap up.

Ned was standing in the doorway, looking between the three people in shock. It took a few moments before he registered Kassidy had no shirt on, and he immediately slapped a hand over his eyes. The girl immediately zipped up the remainder of her suit, leaving her face completely covered again.

"I'm good, Ned."

Ned cautiously peeled his hand away from his eyes, seemingly scared to look towards Kassidy again. At the sound of his name, Peter also turned to see Ned at the doorway.  

"Oh, Ned, perfect." he sighed.

"The costumes look great... for the costume party... at the princes castle." Ned stammered, attempting to cover for his friends.

"She knows, Ned." Kassidy sighed, gesturing towards MJ. "We told her."

"They didn't tell me. I figured it out." MJ argued, a sly smile across her face.