2. Three Times

"New lipstick color you're trying out there, Travis?" Scott asked as Travis opened the hotel room door. 

Travis' face whipped towards the mirror after Scott's comment, quickly seeing Taylor's signature red smeared allll over his lips, his cheeks turning bright red to match. "Uhh, it appears that way, Sir" Travis replied with a chuckle.

Taylor laughed as she walked towards the hotel door, kissing Travis quickly on the cheek, saying, "I think it brings out his eyes." Before greeting her Dad with a hug.

___

The trio had a great time at dinner, Travis and Scott finally getting to meet and get to know one another. Taylor sipped on her white wine as she watched this tall, hunk of a man, who knew how to melt her with one glance, turn into a proper gentleman around her Dad. She loved watching the two connect as if they were old friends, another reminder of how easily Travis fit into her life.

After a delicious meal and a few drinks, everyone was ready to head back to the hotel. Taylor, especially, as she felt the number of eyes on them growing as anonymity was lost at the restaurant. She was happy to be out in the world with her new boyfriend, thrilled to not hide away but still, the pressure of being in the public could be too much at times. Travis could feel Taylor's heart rate increase as she leads the way through the crowded restaurant, her hand wrapped tightly in his as the other patrons took notice of the couple. She kept moving forward, no one on the outside would be able to tell that this tall, sexy woman was affected by the public attention. Travis felt lucky that he was the one she opened up to about her fears and allowed him to be the one behind her tonight, he knew not to take this chance that he had dreamed of for granted.

He quickly squeezed her hand three times, again silently telling her everything he has been too nervous to say out loud yet, letting her know he was right there with her, not dropping her hand for a single second as they exited the restaurant.

She felt safe with him. She felt confident enough to be the one out in front, pulling her man behind her every step of the way, knowing he was happy to follow her lead. She had enjoyed dinner with her Dad but she couldn't wait to get back to the sanctuary of their hotel room with Travis where she could just be Taylor, not worrying about her appearance or other people's opinions. The only opinions she cared about right now were those of the man behind her, and with the gentle squeeze from his hand, she knew he understood exactly what she needed.

The car ride back to the hotel was quiet, some banter between Travis and Scott about the second half of his season coming up filled the elevator ride up to Scott's floor.

"It was great to meet you, Sir" Travis said while outstretching his hand to Scott, "I'm looking forward to watching the show together tomorrow!"

"Likewise, young man! Get some rest you two, I'll see you tomorrow. Love you, sweetie" he said while placing a kiss on Taylor's forehead.

"Love you, Dad. Sleep tight."

As soon as the elevator doors closed, Taylor rested her weight onto Travis' large frame, completely relaxing into him. He gladly accepted and held onto her as they rode the elevator to the top floor, gently kissing the top of her head and rubbing his thumb on her arm. No words needed between the two of them, just the comfort in silence as they returned home for the night.

"I had a really nice time tonight, Tay, thank you for trusting me with meeting your Dad. It means a lot to get to know the most important people to you, seeing you with them...And god damn, that skirt doesn't hurt a thing, either" said Travis as he opened their hotel room door, his voice lowering for that last part.

Taylor grinned up at Travis as she walked past him, quietly saying under her breath, "Doesn't hurt if it's on the floor either...," continuing into the room.

"Oop, sorry, what was that Ms. Swift? I couldn't quite hear you up here" Travis says as he grabs hold of Taylor's wrist, letting the hotel door close quietly behind him.

"Hmm, what? I didn't hear anything."

"Mhm, sure, whatever you say, girly" Travis mumbles against Taylor's lips, pulling her in for a kiss. He's been dying to have her this close to him again since they first left the room for dinner. He loved being out on the town with her, getting to show her off and be by her side for the world to see, but there was no where he loved being more than alone where he could show her just how much she means to him. Privately...