Chapter 6

Everyone had left and it was just me and my father. I helped him pack the cones, soccer balls, and pennies away. He walked to the car and got in. I put in right headphone and we drove home. 

Once we arrived at home, it was around 5:30. I climbed the stairs to my room. I took a long, hot shower, and put on some pajamas. T-shirt and sweatpants. I pulled my backpack towards my white wooden desk and took my books out. I started on the homework I got today. All I had to do was my Government assignment. I finished my homework around seven, and then went downstairs. My dad was sitting at the kitchen table, working.  

"What are we doing for dinner?" I asked.  

"Not sure. We can order out, eat warm-ups, or cook something. What's your choice?"  

"Hmm.. I don't really wanna cook anything. So take out?"  

"That's fine sweetie. Where do you wanna order from?"  

"Chinese?" I asked.  

"Delicious," My father exclaimed.  

I grabbed the take-out menu. "What do you want, Dad?"  

"Whatever you will eat will be fine."  

"Okay," I replied.  

I grabbed my iPhone and dialed the restaurant's number.  

"Hello, this is Ultimate China, how may I help you?"  

"Can I have an order of sweet & sour chicken and white rice?" I asked.  

"Okay, would you like any kind of sauce with that?" The woman asked.  

"Yes, sweet & sour sauce also." I answered.  

"Delivery or pick up?"  

"Delivery please," I said.  

"Address?" I gave it to her. "Okay, the delivery man should be there in 30-45 minutes. The total cost is $27.97." 

"Okay thank you," I told her. I hung up the phone and told my dad what I ordered, how much it cost, and how long it would take to get here.  

"Alright. I'll tell you when it arrives." He answered.  

"Okie doke. I'm going upstairs." I walked upstairs and connected my iPhone to my iHome.  

I opened my Pandora app, and found thee Kelly Clarkson radio station I saved. I turned it on and blasted the music, but not too loud that it disrupts my father.  

I started singing along to the songs coming on, currently being My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson. I started cleaning up my room, so its at least presentable. The music keeps playing and I lose track of time. Soon enough, my dad is banging on my door, telling me dinner is here. I unhook my iPhone and iHome.  

Walking downstairs toward the kitchen table, I put my phone on my pocket.  

My dad and I eat dinner, occasionally talking about school. What my classes were, teachers, and if any of my classes were too easy or too hard.  

School is a big priority. Yes, I love soccer and want a scholarship to play in college, and hopefully play for the national team. But if that doesn't happen, I need to get an academic scholarship to help my dad out. College is not cheap.  

We finished dinner and I helped my dad put the extra food away, and clean the dishes. When we were all finished it was close 8:30.  

I went back upstairs and played my music again. I grabbed my laptop and opened up Google Chrome. I opened a new document and started typing.  

I didn't know what I was going to write about, so I just dazed, listening closely to the lyrics of the songs, trying to get an idea.  

My conformation verse popped into my head at that moment. 2 Corinthians 12:10- That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in persecutions, in difficulties, in hardships. For when I am weak, then I am strong.  

I typed the verse out. I tried to think of some kind of short story to write.  

I like writing. It clears my head when I'm upset, or it gives me something to do when I'm bored. Plus, I might be able to use some of it on a project for English. 

I type a story out, and save it as My Weaknesses Help Me Be Strong. 

I shut off my laptop and climbed into bed with my phone. I picked up my headphones, defining the left ear bud from the right and shoving them in the correct ears. I lay down and start thinking about today and soon enough, my whole life. Sooner or later I fell asleep, thinking about the one person I miss.