Chapter 34

Two weeks went by since I was at the hospital with the Bakers.

I had been avoiding Charlie as much as possible because of two reasons. One, we broke up.

I had rearranged my whole schedule just to avoid him. I got up at five in the morning to run to school, and practice soccer alone. Then when getting close to school starting, I would go to the locker room and shower. After school instead of going to practice, I would either visit Delia and Steven at the hospital or babysit Jasper and Dani for a little while. Then while I'm at home, I'll do my homework and stay locked in my room for most of the night.

Haley, Alex, Ben, and Henry were always with me over the weekends, trying to cheer me up with silly pranks and random Youtube videos.

Secondly, there was a certain cheerleader that was glued to his arm.

Heather.

Charlie and Heather had started dating. Their dating had put a strain on his relationship with his team, both on and off the field.

He wasn't hanging out with them as much, but when they did, I would always leave so I could avoid them. Haley came with me, even though I told her to stay with Alex, she insisted. I was grateful for that.

It was a Monday night, and I was in my room doing homework. My phone was hooked up to my docking station, playing music. The volume lowered for a few seconds, and then raised back to it's original volume; signaling a text.

I rolled my chair over to my phone. I had a text message from Heather which read:

I've noticed you disappearing when Charlie and I show up.

So? I replied.

Does little Anna have a crush? She asked.

Ha! A crush on Charlie? No. I lied.

Sure sweetheart. Just stay away from him. Heather sent.

Too scared to confront me in person? I smirked at my own text.

Would you like that better? She questioned.

No, being seen with you might ruin my rep. I smirked again.

Just stay away from my man. It shouldn't be hard with a face like yours scaring him away. She texted.

At least my personality wouldn't scare him. I sent her.

Just stay away from Charlie. Or I'll get him kicked off the team. Heather threatened.

I didn't respond. Heather's threat was filling my mind.

Just stay away from Charlie. Or I'll get him kicked off the team.

Or I'll get him kicked off the team.

I'll get him kicked off the team.

Just stay away.

Fine. But don't get him kicked off the team. I responded.

We'll see. She replied.

|•••••••••|•••••••••|•••••••••|

It was Thursday, three days after Heather had texted me. I had kept up my part of the deal and been avoiding Charlie. The only people I told about Heather's stunt her Haley, Steven and Delia, knowing they wouldn't do anything about it. On the other hand, I knew Alex, Henry and Ben would.