Chapter 18

When we got downstairs, Charlie's twin younger siblings were at the table, along with his father. Mrs. Baker was bringing food out onto the table.  

Charlie got me something to drink, and we sat down next to each other.  

"Hello, you must be Anna. I'm Charlie's father. He has told us so much about you," Mr. Baker stated.  

"Hello, Mr. Baker, its nice to meet you," I said.  

"Nice to meet you too, Anna," he replied.  

"Anna, you already met them upstairs, but this is Jasper and Dani" Charlie introduced.  

"Hi Jasper, hi Dani," I said.  

They both waved at me. "Charlie, you always say that Anna's bweautiful. What does that mean?" Jasper asked. He always seemed to ask a lot of questions.  

Charlie's parents chuckled, while both Charlie and I blushed. "Um... Well... Beautiful means like, extra pretty, and more pretty," he explained.  

"Oh! She is bweautiful Chawrlie!" Jasper exclaimed. "Am I bweautiful too?" 

Charlie, his parents, and I all chuckled a bit. "Yes, you are beautiful," he answered.  

We continued chatting, until we all finished eating.  

Charlie and I had gone into their living room afterwards. We were sitting on the couch just talking.  

"Alright, Jasper, Dani, time for bed," Mrs. Baker called out from the kitchen. I looked at the time: 7:18pm.  

I heard Jasper ask her something, but couldn't decipher it. I heard Mrs. Baker answer them, but couldn't understand that either.  

Jasper and Dani came into the room. Jasper climbed onto my lap, and Dani on Charlie's.  

"Will you tuck us in?" They both pleaded.  

I smiled and said, "Of course we will."  

I picked Jasper up, and placed him on my hip, Charlie doing the same with Dani.  

I followed Charlie to the twins' room. I set Jasper down, and he lead me to his closet. "Which pajamas do you want to wear?" I asked, seeing he had matching Superman, Iron man, Captain America, Hulk, and Thor pajama sets. He must like the Avengers, I thought.  

"Iron man!" He excitedly squealed. I picked it out from the closet.  

"Iron man it is," I agreed. I helped him into his pajamas. He ran over to his bed, jumping on top of it. 

I pulled the covers back for Jasper to slide under. He did so, and I pulled the blanket back over him, letting it fall over his face. He giggled and pulled it back.  

"The blanket isn't supposed to go over your head silly," he said.  

"It isn't?" I asked playfully. Jasper shook his head. "I've been doing it all wrong!" I said, smacking my forehead for effect. Jasper giggled.  

I tucked him into his bed, and kissed his forehead. "Goodnight Jasper, sleep tight," I said.  

Jasper replied, "Nightynight, bweautiful lady."  

I smiled at that, as Jasper closed his eyes, and fell asleep quickly. I turned around and found Charlie staring at me. We both blushed.  

Charlie quickly closed the gap between us, taking two giant steps. "My little brother really likes you, you know," he quietly said.  

"He's adorable," I replied.  

We walked out of the twins' room, and almost bumped into Charlie's parents.