Chapter 7

The next few days went about the same. Wake up, go to school, talk to my friends, and then help out with tryouts, talking to Charlie during them. I had to admit that I was getting a small crush on him. But I couldn't do anything about it, Because of the rule. I was just waiting for Friday all week, because that's when dad picks the players. I knew that Charlie would make the team, and I wanted him to. But the smallest part of me didn't want him to so that there could be a possibility of him and me.  

Finally Friday came and my alarm clock started beeping. I started to get ready for school.  

I found a pink avengers shirt, that showed off a little bit of my stomach. I put on a pair of short shorts that were somewhat ripped. I walked into the bathroom, looking at my hair. Its natural wave wasn't that bad, so I curled it just a little, giving some extra curl.  

I walked back into my room, and found my studded Converse. I also picked up a white beanie and put it on. I grabbed a pair on sunglasses and slid them in my bag.  

I brought my school bag downstairs with me. I walked into the kitchen, and saw my dad at the table, reading through the team statistics.  

"Morning Dad," I greeted.  

"Morning sweetie. Sleep okay?" He asked.  

"Yep. Are you picking the team today?"  

"Yeah. You can come if you want. I'm going to do it after school, so the boys don't miss school." My dad answered.  

"Okay. So you guys aren't practicing today?" I asked. I walked around the kitchen, getting a few pieces of toast ready.  

"No. Practices will start next week." 

"Okay cool. I'll be there after school then." I said.  

"Okay. We're leaving soon. Okay?"  

"Okay Dad." I replied.  

I finished eating my toast and went upstairs to brush my teeth. I finished that and went downstairs and grabbed my bag. I headed towards the car, and waited for my dad to come outside.  

My dad came out soon and we drove off to school. I had my ear buds in and my bag at my feet. I also had my sunglasses on.  

Once we arrived, I jumped out of the car, not before I kissed my dad on the cheek and said, "Bye Dad, love you!" 

I walked towards our hangout spot, where sometimes Charlie would join us, but mostly, he would be somewhere unknown. My ear buds weren't too loud, so I could here when people talked to me. 

The song Oath by Cher Lloyd played. This song always reminded me of my friendships, especially with Alex, Henry, and Ben. They are my closest friends.  

I spotted Ben, Henry and Alex all talking. Ben had his back to me while Alex and Henry saw me. Before they could wave I put my finger to my mouth, making the 'shh' signal. They both winked, understanding that I had a plan.  

All the boys know that I am a devious child. I pull pranks on my friends all the time. Not anything bad. Harmless, scare the crap out of somebody pranks.  

I dropped my bad quietly and started to run towards them, being as quiet as possible. When I got within jumping range of Ben, I hurdled myself off the ground, towards him, and jumped onto his back, latching my arms around his neck, and my legs around his waist so I wouldn't fall.  

Ben stumbled a few steps before he regained his balance, holding onto my legs.  

"Hi guys!" I said innocently and happily.