Chapter 26

While everyone was congratulating my father, I pulled Dr. Manning out into the hallway to speak with him privately.

"Thank you doctor, you have no idea how much this means to me," I stated.

"Just doing my job Anna," he replied modestly.

"I know but still, I can't lose him. Not after what happened with... My mom," I gulped.

"Anna, your father told me what happened. He wanted me to know how important it was to figure out was wrong. He didn't want to leave you either," Dr. Manning told me.

I nodded, no words coming to mind. "Thank you," I repeated. "And sorry you had to deal with my dad. He can be a bit... Stubborn at times."

Dr. Manning chuckled. "It's quite alright. It was somewhat humorous to see him like that. Besides, I've seen worse behavior from patients," the doctor answered. 

I nodded again. "I should probably get back in there before anything happens. Sorry for all the people, I didn't know they would all be here," I explained for the team's appearance. 

"It's okay, I understand. Your father also told me about the team. He was guessing they would make an appearance sooner or later," Dr. Manning chuckled.

"Is there anything else I need to know? Before I take him home? Medication, exercise?" I questioned.

"Ah, yes there are a few things your father will not be doing for a while. He should not be driving until he is cleared from his concussion. No exercising until the concussion is cleared, and afterwards he needs to take it easy, easing himself back into sports and whatnot. Since it is soccer that he will be reentering, make sure that he doesn't take headers very often for the first couple weeks back from his concussion. He should also try to stay away from stress. Too much can be bad for his concussion. If the headaches from the concussion start to get bad whereas he needs medicine to subside the pain, he can take any off the shelf brand he wants. As long as he takes the suitable amount of dosage. And as for taking him home, just make sure you go to the nurse's station and let them know that you're ready to leave. I'll head over there after this to let them know that your father is being released," Dr. Manning explained to me. 

"Alright, thank you Doc," I said.

"Anytime. If anything happens, feel free to call the hospital and ask for me," Dr. Manning replied.

"I will, thank you again," I thanked.

"Your welcome. I must go now. Other patients to check on," he told me.

"Of course," I said, as Dr. Manning walked away. 

I stepped back into my father's room, seeing the whole team surrounding him. "Alright guys, give my dad some space. You'll have plenty of time to catch up later," I announced, raising my voice. The boys turned their heads toward me, and stepped back. "Time to get you out of here Dad."

He grinned, and started to sit up to get out of his bed. I rushed to his side and helped him out. "Anna, relax, I'm not that old," my father joked.

"Yet," I muttered.

"Heard that."

"Okay," I replied nonchalantly.

My dad stuck his tongue out at me. "You're so mature, Dad," I said.

"Somebody has to be," he retorted. I led him to the bathroom, so he could change out of the hospital gown he's been forced to wear.

"Shoot!" I exclaimed. "I forgot to bring clothes for you!"

"Hold on, hold on. I've got a bag right here. I figured that you would forget so I thought ahead," Ben interrupted. 

"Hallelujah!" My father shouted. Everyone laughed. Ben handed my dad his bag and he went into the bathroom to change.