Chapter 16

My alarm woke me up the next morning. I was nervous for today. I was going to answer Charlie today. I got dressed quickly, putting on a pair of ripped jeans, and a white, three-quarter sleeved shirt, with a black bow on the shoulder. I put on my black stilettos. I had braided my hair for a head-band braid, and straightened the rest of it, letting my hair flow down my back. I added minimal makeup: foundation, a very pale eye shadow, and mascara.  

I finished my morning routine, and was at school in no time. I said goodbye to my father, and practically skipped out of the car towards everyone else.  

I went to the tree, and was hopping up and down for Charlie, looking for him. Henry noticed, and came over by me.  

"Hey. Did you turn into a pogo stick overnight?" He joked.  

"Nope, I'm looking for Charlie," I explained, still jumping and searching. "Know where he is?" 

"As a matter of fact, I do. But he isn't here. He is at home. He wasn't feeling well." Henry told me.  

I stopped jumping, and looked at Henry. "What?" I asked.  

"He's feeling sick, so he didn't come," he stated.  

I mentally groaned. I was hoping to tell Charlie how I felt. At least I won't have to be nervous till he comes back, I thought.  

"Okay. Thanks Henry!" I exclaimed.  

"Well, you're in a good mood," Alex commented, walking up to us, and throwing his arms around my shoulder.  

"I have a good reason too!" I almost screamed.  

"Okay, okay, chill out a little bit Anna," Alex replied. "So whats your reason?" He asked after I calmed sown a bit.  

"Its a secret; you'll find out soon enough," I said cryptically.  

"Lovely," he sarcastically commented.  

"Aren't I?" I joked. We all laughed. The bell rang and we quickly dispersed, heading to lockers and classrooms.

The day went by quickly. All day I had been thinking about Charlie. Ways to start the topic, how to say what I needed to, all the complicated things.  

I surprisingly had finished a lot of my homework in my study hall. I was putting my things in my locker, when Ben popped up next to me.  

"Hey Ben, whats up?" I asked.  

"About to go to practice, are you coming?" He asked.  

"Definitely," I replied.  

"Okay, good. Feeling better than yesterday?" He questioned.  

"Definitely. I think I know my answer," I answered.  

"That's great!" Ben exclaimed. "Well, I have to get going to practice, see ya soon," he said, jogging towards the boys' locker.  

"Bye!" I screamed in the hallway.  

Ben started laughing at my loudness, and almost tripped. I burst into laughter at that, and was doubled over for a few minutes.  

Catching my breath, I went into the girls' locker room to change. I did so, and got onto the field. 

I warmed up with Alex, and was just goofing off with him. Once my dad came over, everyone listened and paid attention, figuring out what this practice will work on. 

He said the team would work on positioning. They all got into positions, but Charlie's midfield position was open.  

"Anna, can you fill in Charlie's position for now?" He asked.  

"Sure," I replied, jogging over to his position. We ran a few scenarios out, and then started scrimmaging for awhile.  

When practice was over, everyone left, leaving me and dad as the only ones left.  

Once we had everything packed in the car, we left for home.  

Getting home, my dad and I ordered a pizza. While waiting for the pizza, I took a quick shower and side braided my hair. I finished the last of my homework afterward.  

The pizza finally showed, and we ate dinner around 7pm.  

I ran back upstairs, and to kill time, I straightened my room up. I then started playing music and wrote for two hours.  

Exhausted, I went to bed around 10pm.

The next two days, Charlie wasn't at school. Everyday I was disappointed, hoping to talk to Charlie.  

Finally Friday came. I decided that I would talk to Charlie no matter what. If he wasn't at school or not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think will happen? Will Charlie be at school? Or will he stay home again?

Tell me what you think! Vote, comment, and share!!! Thanks guys:).