[ two ]

[ Feb 15th | Dua

[ Feb 15th | Dua.L Apartment ]

Jay hold up the printed papers that shows the result of his and Sunghoon's final examination. It's the highest grades he ever received, he got all A's but he feel nothing. He let out a sigh as he put in the passcode before pushing the door open and enter the apartment unit of Hyewon. He visit the girl almost everyday to make sure she is okay after losing all of her family members within two months. "Hyewon, I brought food for you, come out" He utter as he put the packed meal on top of the dining table before he walk to the girl bedroom door and knock on it a few times.

"i don't have the appetite.." the girl reply can be heard faintly, making Jay sigh. "I'm coming in" he say before opening the door, being welcomed by a sigh of Hyewon lying on the bed, all under the covers making him confused. "are you okay?" Jay asked as he walk closer to the girl. "no, i feel so cold" hyewon faintly reply, Jay look around and realize all her things are at the same place just like how he visited her on last saturday. "you don't went to school.." jay mutter and heard a hum as a reply.

Jay sit on the edge of her bed, voluntarily put his hand on the younger forehead and shocked to feel her body is burning hot, "wait" Jay utter as he walk out of the room and go to the kitchen then take a bowl of water and soak a small clean cloth in it before walk back to the young girl side. "turn around" Jay ordered which the girl immediately comply, laying on her back, frowning making Jay sigh before he squeeze the cloth, removing extra water before putting the damp cloth on her forehead. "does that feel better?" Jay asked making the girl nod.

"wait here, I'll make you some chicken porridge" Jay utter before leaving the girl again, make sure to leave her bedroom door open wide so he could hear if she call him for anything. Jay defroze some chicken from the fridge and starts making the chicken porridge for the sick teenager. Feels his phone vibrates in his pocket, taking it out and see one of his now, ex classmates name, Moon Hamin making him sigh before picking up.

"what?" Jay asked with a stern voice making the latter chuckles nervously, "nothin-wait, no, before you hang up on me,again. I heard that you're going to apply for University of Seattle" Hamin utter right before his thumb reach the end call button making him sigh. "yeah, what's the matter?" Jay asked the former basketball player, "actually, me and Liú are planning to apply there too, so.. I thought you could use a company" Hamin answered nervously, knowing that Jay wouldn't likely to accept the offer and go by himself. Jay let out a sigh making Hamin even more nervous, "fine, I'll contact you if i pass the interview but still, if only you two pass it too. So do well." Jay reply before ending the call as he get back to cooking.

Jay bring a tray of meals and medicine into Hyewon's room and put them on her nightstand

Jay bring a tray of meals and medicine into Hyewon's room and put them on her nightstand. "eat up, or your fever will get worse. I'll be staying here until the evening, if you need anything just call me" Jay utter as he take the almost dried wet cloth that he put on her forehead almost an hour ago and replace it. "your final result came out earlier, right?" Hyewon asked making Jay froze as he give her a hum as a yes. "I put Sunghoon's in his room" Jay reply making her nod.

"so, where are you going? you're not going to stay here, right?" Hyewon questions making Jay look away from the younger, "I haven't decide yet, I don't even know what to study" Jay lied, he know where he wants to go. "I do want to go back to Seattle, but, I can't leave you here.. I suppose to take care of you, just like what Sunghoon wants" Jay continue making Hyewon sigh lowly. "you can go, I know how to take care of myself.. I have done it for years before I found Sunghoon" Hyewon reply as she sit up on her bed, taking a sip of the water.

"i know, but you're not okay with that. If you are, you won't be searching for Sunghoon after a decade of living, and disappointed when he doesn't accept your existence" Jay utter making the younger froze, "so what if I'm not.. I have to be okay, people aren't immortal" Hyewon reply. "you should go, there's nothing to do here" she adds making Jay release a deep breath, "I'll apply to at least ten universities, we'll wait and see which one I'll got accepted in" Jay utter making the girl nod before reaching for the bowl of chicken porridge the guy made, release an inaudible sigh, catching Jay's attention, "I miss mom and Sunghoon.." she mumble but Jay is quick to catch on.