[ three ]

[ February 26th | 1:55AM ]

Jay fix his posture in front of his laptop, getting ready for the online entrance test for University of Seattle. He take a deep breath as he enter the Zoom meeting that will hinder the students from cheating as it's held online for the international students who applied for the stated university. He put his phone away, where he can see but can't interact.

"remember, you can't turn off your camera until the examination period ends even if you have finished answering the questions. you can starts answers the paper now" the professor said. Jay really gives his all on answering everything, he can't answer some of the questions but still try his best to solve everything given. Just then, he see Hyewon calling him making him froze in place before continue to answer the test. However, his worry is rising as the girl called him a few more times before she stop.

 However, his worry is rising as the girl called him a few more times before she stop

[ 3:05AM ]

the test just ended and Jay quickly call Hyewon back, to ask if anything is wrong but the younger did not pick up, even worse,

"the number you have dialed is not available"

he can't reach her. This feels like deja vú. He have gone through this, a lot. That's what make him run out from his house to go to her house. "Please, Park Hyewon.. don't" he mutter under his breath before sprinting towards the girl apartment unit. He can feel how his hands is trembling as he is currently overthinking about;

what if he is late?

what if he failed to protect her?

what if Sunghoon get disappointed with him?

he's late. again.

"PARK HYEWON!" the last call that Jay shout as he run towards where he see the girl body falling to. "no" that's what escaped his mouth before he witness the death of his best friend sister in front of his own eyes. It's the picture that he won't be able to forget. the world is too cruel. People start walking towards the scene, calling the ambulance while Jay body froze in place.

"why.."

"why the world is never on my side.."

Jay whispers under his breath before he fall onto his knees, feeling suffocated, tears dropping from his eyes as his breath slowly becomes staggered and fast. "I'm sorry..." Jay mumbles, "I should've answered your calls.. I shouldn't join the entrance exam.. I'm.. sorry.." Jay mutter as more tears fall from his eyes. "Jay!" he heard someone called before he see two familiar faces in front of him, "hey, you okay?" Liú asked in surprise as he quickly pick up the situations.

They knew Hyewon. She attends all the prior funerals of those six and Sunghoon explains how she is his sister. Jay didn't respond as he feel like he is losing his breath before his body fall onto the ground making the two shock, "jay!" Hamin and Liú try to make the guy gain conscious but fails and decides to stay by his side until he reach the hospital. They knew he won't prefer to see his parents, so they hope that if he wakes up and see there are other people that is waiting, he will having less irrational thoughts.

 They knew he won't prefer to see his parents, so they hope that if he wakes up and see there are other people that is waiting, he will having less irrational thoughts

[ 9AM ]

Jay eyes slowly fluttered opens before he scan the places, hospitalised, that's what he pick up and see two familiar faces sleeping in the room. "what are you two doing here?" he asked emotionlessly which surprise the two and wake them up, "you're up, how do you feel?" Hamin asked as Liú try to get a doctor. "nothing" Jay answered, "we lost her, right?" Jay asked which make Hamin gulp before giving him a small nod. "still-it's not your fault, even if you get there earlier, you might not be able to save her" Hamin utter making Jay scoffs.

"she called me while we're taking the exam..i could stop it, she takes an hour to do it" Jay explains making the latter lost words. just then, Liú came back with a doctor. the older conduct a few check up on Jay before tell the latter that he can discharge by the late evening before leaving the three in the room with an awkward silence. "your parents-"

"couldn't come? do i need them?no. " Jay cut liú's word, "i know you're not in a good relationship with them but if you're going to study back in seattle, don't you need their support? at least, financially?" Liú continue, making Jay sigh. "i have enough money for a few semester, I've been saving, and.. Jake's father gave me all Jake's money, he say Jake wants him to give it to us as a last gift, so does Heeseung's. i don't know.. i don't think i'll use their money but yeah" Jay reply.

"so..you're going if you're accepted?" Hamin asked, "do i have another option? i want to go far from here" Jay answered making the two nod. "if you need anything...we're here, you can lean on us too" Liú continue making Hamin nod but get no response from the latter making them glance at each other.