[ seven ]

[ 5th April | 3PM ]

[ 5th April | 3PM ]

Evelyn has been taking glances at Jay for the whole day which make him feel slightly uncomfortable but trying to shrug it off. he glance at the girl as she slightly lean towards his direction while listening to the lecture, "hey, why do these people chase after you?" Evelyn asked making him release an inaudible relief sigh, "how would I know, ask them" Jay reply monotonously making Evelyn sigh.

"should we be friends?" Evelyn asked making the guy turn to face her, "for what?" Jay frown as he asked. "Anthropology assessment , we're partners" Evelyn reply makes Jay even more confused, "I didn't say  yes about that" Jay utter, "would you rather work with anyone else though?" Evelyn asked with a sarcastic smile making Jay sigh and look away, "fine" He utter, almost whispering. "fine on being partners or friends or both?" Evelyn asked, "assessment" Jay answered shortly making her nods.

"you don't really like having friends huh?" Evelyn reply, continue on taking notes of the lecture while Jay hand stop in place before he continue writing. "not really, i've yet recovered" Jay reply making the girl confused, "recover from what?" she asked but Jay remain silent which make Evelyn does too as she doesn't want him to feel like she is invading his personal space.

 "not really, i've yet recovered" Jay reply making the girl confused, "recover from what?" she asked but Jay remain silent which make Evelyn does too as she doesn't want him to feel like she is invading his personal space

[ 8th April 2023 ]

"so you're doing point 1, 2 and 5?" Jay asked as they divide the work to complete the assessment. "yeah, you can do the third and the forth, I think you can elaborate those so well based on what i saw in your notes from the lecture" Evelyn reply making Jay nod. "you seem to be pretty good in studying humanities and old stuff" Evelyn add making Jay scoff, "I was once force to study them because my friends push me to" Jay utter.

"about that.. you never talk about them.. you said you don't really like to have friends but it sounds like you've had a good circle before, why don't you like having friends?" Evelyn carefully asked making Jay stare at his hands, suddenly froze in place before he look at the girl. "you're right, I used to have great friends" Jay finally speak up making Evelyn surprise.

"used to?" she asked as her curiosity about the guy in front of her rises and surprise when Jay slowly nod as he look away, looking like he's holding his emotions in and not to burst. "then.. did they left you? was it betrayal?" she asked more making a small smirk is seen on Jay's face which confusing her. "they did left, but it has nothing to do with betraying, they're all a great person. Every, each of them is and they still are" Jay reply, "then why did they left?" Evelyn asked.

"they couldn't stand the world and I don't know if I can too" Jay answer in a language that Evelyn isn't familiar with making her even more confused. "I'll be going first, we'll talk after I done my part" Jay continue before he stand up from his seat and left before Evelyn can call him. Evelyn sigh and start to collect her things and get ready to leave.

However, when she stand up from her seat, a piece of burnt paper under their table catch her attention. "What is that.." she mumble before picking up the paper, only to realise that it's actually a picture. burnt photograph. She then realised that it's Jay's as soon as she recognised his face amongst the unfamiliar faces.

 She then realised that it's Jay's as soon as she recognised his face amongst the unfamiliar faces

"if they're good people.. why was it burnt? why did he bring it everywhere?" Evelyn question to herself as she slip the photograph in her notebook and planning to return it to Jay when she see him after the weekend pass. Numerous questions plays in Evelyn's mind as she walk to her car and drive to apartment to spend her weekend. "they must be so close.. Are they separated by force..? but why?" Evelyn question as she take another turn to her apartment.