[ twelve ]

Jay's eyes flickered opens slowly and the first thing he see is the unfamiliar ceiling and lamp

Jay's eyes flickered opens slowly and the first thing he see is the unfamiliar ceiling and lamp. He then slightly move his head and see the two guys sleeping on a long couch together in a sitting position while Evelyn sleeping on a single couch by herself.

He is alive.

He's saved.

Why?

some rage and frustration build up on the bottom of his heart as those thoughts running around in his mind. But then his thought is interrupted by familiar voices. "You're awake.." Evelyn utter softly making Jay turn to her with a smug face before rolling his eyes and look away. Evelyn is taken back by the guy action but try to play it cool, "I'll call for the doctor.." Evelyn mumble as she softly wake Liú up and walk away. "he's frustrated, that's normal... yeah.." Evelyn mutter to herself as she walk to get for the doctor in charge for Jay, trying to not feel offended by the guy acts towards her just now.

"hey.." Liú called Jay softly as he stand by his side, figuring out words to say to the latter. Seeing Jay isn't responding to him, he gulp nervously as he look back at Hamin and signal him for help. "Jay.." Hamin called as he walk up to them after a while making the said latter shift his gaze to the two before back to staring out of the window with a small frown on his face making the other two let out an inaudible sigh.

"you should've just watch.." Jay say after a long silence creeping out the room. "how could we? you need to live.. if Evelyn didn't come to talk to you, we might have lost you.. we don't want that" Hamin reply, "why should I stay here? it's painful to live with those memories.. seeing all these things goes around, I don't belong here. Not anymore" Jay answered which silenced the two guys.

After a few check ups made by the assigned doctor, Jay is now left alone with the three again, surrounded by the awkward silent

After a few check ups made by the assigned doctor, Jay is now left alone with the three again, surrounded by the awkward silent. Evelyn, Liú and Hamin exchange glances with each other from each corner of the room as they all watch Jay staring out of the window from his bed. Evelyn slowly approach Jay but stop as she hear a sigh come out from the latter.

"evelyn, just.. go away" Evelyn stunned in place as she hear the guy, "why? because I save you? why are you pushing me away?" Evelyn ask in confusion. "if you're not here, i wouldn't be here either" Jay reply which make the girl scoff softly before letting out a sigh. "fine, i'll leave you alone" Evelyn give up as she knows how the latter is feeling at the moment and she doesn't want to argue further and make things worse for the sake of his health. Liú about to called the older but she shakes her head before leaving the room making both, Liú and Hamin silent as the awkward silence fill the room once again.

"do you want anything? breakfast?" Hamin asked after minutes of silence. "die" Jay reply which make the two best friends change gaze as they were both stunned by the latter answer.