Sherry Birkin

Claire and Nick followed the instructions in the book, discovering a hidden secret underground elevator beneath the statue in the main hall. As they descended, Nick's gaze remained fixed on the ground, lost in contemplation and silence.

Sensing his troubled emotions, Claire placed a comforting hand on Nick's shoulder and asked, "Hey, are you okay?"

In a sorrowful whisper, Nick said, "I just killed a man."

With compassion in her voice, Claire reassured him, "You did the right thing, Nick. He was in pain and didn't want to turn into one of those... things."

Though grateful for her support, Nick replied, his tone heavy, "That doesn't make it any easier."

"All we can do now is ensure that we get out of this alive to honor him," Claire solemnly stated.

"Yeah, you're right," Nick replied.

Curiosity filled Claire's eyes as she asked, "Have you ever shot a gun before?"

Reflecting on his past, Nick recalled, "Once, I shot a tiny pink pistol at a tree in my friend's backyard when I was 16. I didn't enjoy it too much."

A burst of laughter escaped Claire's lips as she teased, "Really? Was it the act of shooting the gun that didn't sit well with you, or was it specifically shooting a tiny pink one?"

"Ha, ha," Nick said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

Lightly punching Nick's shoulder, Claire chuckled and reassured him, "Don't worry, I think that is a very manly story."

The laughter continued to fill the air as they made their way out of the elevator. Eager to uncover the mysteries of the underground, they began to explore, their footsteps echoing through the dimly lit corridors. Suddenly, they heard the sound of hurried footsteps on a grate above them.

"Hello?" Claire called out.

"Looks like we're not alone," Nick said, a hint of tension in his voice, as he cautiously retrieved his gun from its holster.

As they continued their exploration, they stumbled upon a doorway obstructed by a heavy shelf. Nick attempted to move the shelf, but it refused to budge.

Frustrated, he admitted, "Won't budge. I guess let's try another way."

As Nick began to walk away, Claire's keen eyes detected a slight movement from underneath the shelf. Concerned, she instinctively called out, "Hello?"

Claire retrieved her flashlight  and cautiously illuminated the other side of the obstruction. There, she discovered a young girl, her eyes wide with fear.

"Hey, it's okay. We won't hurt you, I promise," Claire gently reassured the little girl, her voice filled with compassion.

Sensing the girl's vulnerability, Claire extended her hand, offering support. "Do you need help?" she asked, her hand outstretched. "You can take my hand."

The girl, her voice trembling with fear, muttered, "You... need... help." Her words sent a chill down Claire's spine, leaving her with an unsettling feeling in the pit of her stomach.

"What?"

"He's... behind you," the girl muttered, her words barely audible.

Startled, Nick urgently called out, "Uh, Claire!" He lightly slapped her back to grab her attention.

As Claire quickly turned around, their eyes widened in shock as they saw a monstrous figure. The man stood before them, his arm grotesquely oversized, about 10 times the size of a normal arm, with a gigantic eyeball positioned in its center. In his other hand, he tightly clenched a menacing pipe.

Without warning, the man struck the ground with his pipe, causing the very ground beneath Nick and Claire to collapse. They tumbled deeper underground.

"What is that thing?!" Nick exclaimed, his voice filled with horror, as he helped Claire to her feet.

"I don't think words are going to cut it with this freak," Claire responded, determination resonating in her voice. She swiftly retrieved her gun from the ground, preparing for what lay ahead.

The creature suddenly leaped in front of them, swinging his pipe wildly in every direction, while emitting agonized cries.

Reacting quickly, Claire spotted a flash grenade nearby and swiftly grabbed it. With a precise aim, she tossed it at the creature's feet, causing a blinding explosion that disoriented him momentarily.

"Now, go for the eye!" Claire instructed.

Both Nick and Claire swiftly unloaded their magazines into the giant eye on the creature's arm, causing it to cry out in even greater agony.

However, in a sudden and alarming move, the creature lunged forward, extending its massive arm, snatching Nick and pulling him closer.

As Nick found himself being choked by the creature's powerful grip, fear surging through his veins, he instinctively reached for his pocket knife. With a desperate surge of energy, he mercilessly drove the blade into the eye on the creature's arm, causing it to release its grip and retreat in agonizing pain.

Nick and Claire fired a few more shots, their hearts pounding, as the creature staggered back. With a final, ear-splitting cry, it lost its balance, tumbling off a nearby railing and disappearing into the dark abyss below.

"Oh, god," Claire breathed, her voice trembling with a mixture of relief and adrenaline.

Nick, catching his breath, responded, "At least that thing wasn't as tough as it looked."

They stood there, gazing down at the abyss for a moment, catching their breaths.

"Hey, little girl? It's safe now. It's over," Claire called out, her voice filled with reassurance.

From above, the little girl cautiously emerged from a platform, her eyes searching for any signs of danger. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, everything is fine," Nick confirmed, his voice steady, offering the girl a reassuring smile.

"Can you lower that ladder for us, please?" Claire asked.

With a hopeful glimmer in her eyes, the little girl asked, "Will you help me find my mom?"

Without hesitation, both Nick and Claire replied in unison, "Of course."

The girl kicked the ladder down for them to climb up, and once they did, they introduced themselves.

"Hi there, I'm Claire, and this is Nick," Claire said with a warm smile.

"Hi there!" Nick waved enthusiastically.

"I'm Sherry," the little girl replied softly.

"How old are you, Sherry?" Claire inquired gently.

"Uh, twelve," Sherry responded, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

"And you're out here all by yourself?" Nick asked, his shock evident in his voice.

Sherry nodded, her eyes suddenly brimming with tears.

Nick and Claire exchanged a glance, silently understanding the weight of responsibility they now carried.

"So... What's your mom like?" Claire asked, trying to distract Sherry from the fear that lingered in her young eyes.

Sherry's face brightened, a flicker of happiness cutting through the darkness. "She works at Umbrella."

"The big pharmaceutical company?" Claire inquired.

"Yeah," Sherry nodded. "She's making an important new medicine. I don't ever get to see her much because she's always at work."

A mixture of admiration and concern painted Claire's expression. "That sounds tough, Sherry. But don't worry, we'll do whatever it takes to find her."

Nick joined in, offering words of reassurance, his voice filled with determination. "We won't stop until we find your mom, Sherry. Everything will be alright."