The Lab

As everyone exited the cable car and entered the underground lab, they were greeted by a truly horrifying scene. The entrance was now a haunting sight, with blood staining the walls and lifeless bodies strewn about, creating an atmosphere of desolation and dread.

Claire covered Sherry's eyes, shielding her from the nightmare that lay before them. She discovered a small backroom furnished with a bed. With utmost care, she gently laid Sherry down on the bed.

Meanwhile, Ada fixated her gaze upon a nearby computer. She clicked on a file named "G virus."

"That's it," Ada said, her fingers dancing across the keyboard.

Claire leaned in closer, her eyes scanning the text on the screen until her gaze landed on a particular name: "anti-viral vaccine."

"That's the one that'll help Sherry?"

Ada nodded. "Yes, this is our best chance to save her."

With a few swift movements, Ada pulled up a detailed map displaying the locations of both the anti-viral vaccine and the G virus. They were situated on opposite sides of the lab, separated by treacherous terrain and potential dangers.

"I'll go for the vaccine," Claire declared, her grip tightening around her gun, ready to face whatever obstacles stood in her way.

"I'm going for the G virus," Ada replied. She took a step towards the door but stumbled, falling to her knee, her leg wound causing her agony.

Nick reached out and offered his hand to support Ada. "I don't think you should be going anywhere, Ada."

Ada attempted to brush off the pain, determined to carry on. "I'm fine... I can-" Her sentence was cut short as she collapsed back down to her knees, the agony too intense to bear.

Nick's eyes filled with worry as he made his decision. "I'll go for the G virus. You stay here and watch over Sherry, okay?"

Ada's expression was a mix of resignation and disappointment. "Fine," she muttered, her defeat apparent in her voice and on her face.

Claire turned to Sherry, her voice filled with reassurance. "We'll be right back, okay Sherry?"

Sherry reached out and tightly grasped Claire's hand, her voice barely above a whisper. "Why... are you... doing this?"

"Because I care," Claire replied, her eyes gleaming with affection and determination.

Nick moved closer, placing a hand on Claire's shoulder and another on Sherry's leg. "We all do."

Sherry's voice trembled with gratitude. "Thank you... I don't know... what I'd do... without you guys."

Claire and Nick killed a few zombies as they ventured deeper into the lab. Eventually, they reached a platform, its presence marking the split in their paths.

Claire knew she had to go right, while Nick's direction led him to the left.

"Good luck," Nick said as he took a step forward.

But before he could separate from Claire completely, a surge of affectionate urgency took hold of her. She reached out, grabbing Nick firmly by the arm, halting his movement. In a spontaneous and passionate gesture, she pulled him back towards her, capturing his lips in a heartfelt kiss.

Time seemed to stand still as their connection deepened, momentarily overshadowing the chaos and danger surrounding them.

"I wasn't sure if I'd have another chance, and I've wanted to do that for a while," Claire confessed, her cheeks flushed with a charming blush.