The Sewers

"You know the Umbrella Corporation?" Ada asked Nick as they walked side by side.

"I've heard of them," Nick replied.

"They're a pharmaceutical company secretly developing bioweapons. Their viruses can transform people into indestructible monsters," Ada explained.

"I guess that explains what happened here."

"Annette Birkin is the creator of these viruses, and I'm determined to bring her down," Ada explained, her tone tinged with anger.

"I'll do whatever I can to help," Nick said.

"This is it, right here," Ada said, pointing towards a tunnel entrance leading into the sewers.

The pungent odor hit Nick like a wave, almost causing him to retch. He took a deep breath, trying to acclimate himself to the putrid stench as they moved closer.

"After you," Ada said, gesturing for Nick to enter the tunnel first.

"Oh, thanks, such a gentleman," Nick replied sarcastically as he stepped forward and began making his way inside.

"According to HQ, this sewer line runs right into Umbrella's facility," Ada explained, her voice filled with determined focus.

"They really have a facility down here without anyone knowing?" Nick questioned.

"Welcome to corporate America," Ada replied sarcastically, her tone filled with cynicism.

Suddenly, the ground beneath them began to shake violently, causing tremors to ripple through the surroundings for a few seconds.

"Please tell me that was an earthquake," Nick said.

"Let's hope so. Who knows what could be down here," Ada remarked, her hand instinctively reaching for her gun, ready for potential danger.

In response to the unsettling vibrations, Nick pulled out the shotgun he had recently acquired from the gun store.

As they walked deeper into the sewers, the ground began to shake again, accompanied by the sound of a low, ominous growl. Suddenly, a massive alligator, twenty times the normal size, crossed their path, its jaws snapping menacingly.

"What the fuck is that?!" Nick shouted, his voice filled with equal parts shock and fear.

"Stay sharp," Ada said.

As they continued their treacherous journey through the murky depths, Ada could sense the palpable tension and unease emanating from Nick. She paused for a moment, glancing at him with concern. "It's not too late to turn back, Nick. This mission is dangerous."

Nick took a deep breath, his determination shining through in his response. "We're already this far in, right? Might as well go all the way."

They soon reached a dead end, and the only way forward was to jump down into the murky sewer water.

"Oh God, oh God," Nick exclaimed, his voice filled with trepidation, as he took the leap into the grimy depths.

The water enveloped him, its filth and putrid odor assaulting his senses. Coughing and gagging, a wave of nausea washed over him. "Oh, I'm gonna be sick. I've probably caught at least ten different diseases just from being in this water," Nick lamented, desperately trying to suppress his urge to vomit.

Suddenly, the ground shook once more, sending reverberations through the tunnels. Nick raised a hand to motion for Ada to wait above. "Wait there," he instructed.

Bursting through the water was the gigantic alligator they had seen earlier, its jaws gaping open wide. It was heading straight for Nick, its cavernous maw capable of swallowing him whole without effort.