Epilogue

The train had come to a stop, and Nick, Claire, and Sherry found themselves walking down a serene road in the picturesque countryside.

"Sooooo, are you guys like boyfriend and girlfriend now?" Sherry asked, unable to contain her curiosity.

Nick and Claire both stopped in their tracks, their gazes locking, an unspoken question lingering in the air.

After a brief moment, Claire's eyes softened, and she offered a shy smile. "I mean, we just met last night, but... I'd like that," she confessed.

Nick's face broke into a wide grin, genuine excitement shining in his eyes. "Well," he chuckled, "that sure was one hell of a first date."

"Yeah, it's going to be hard to top that for our second date," Claire said, her laughter intermingling with Nick's as they shared the joy of their growing connection. "But hey, we'll figure something out. Second dates are supposed to be memorable too."

Sherry, caught up in the infectious spirit of the moment, suddenly exclaimed, "You guys can adopt me!"

Taken aback by the unexpected suggestion, Nick blinked in surprise. "Woah, adopt you?" he stammered, his voice a mix of shock and amusement.

Sherry's eyes shimmered with genuine excitement, her plea tinged with an earnestness that was hard to resist. "Yes! Come on, it'll be fun! Please!" she pleaded, her voice brimming with hope.

Nick and Claire exchanged glances, a mixture of surprise, affection, and consideration passing between them.

"I think it'd be a good idea," Claire said, a gentle smile gracing her face as she considered the possibilities.

Nick's eyes met Claire's, reflecting her sentiment. "You know what? Me too," he replied, his voice filled with warmth and genuine affection. He reached out and took Sherry's hand, intertwining their fingers.

Feeling the connection between them grow even stronger, Claire reached out and took Sherry's other hand. United, they resumed walking down the road, their steps aligned and purposeful.

Sherry's face lit up with unabashed excitement as she bounced along, unable to contain her delight. "Yay! Can we get a puppy?"

Nick and Claire shared a knowing glance, their love for Sherry evident in their eyes. In unison, they responded, "Of course."

"Yay! I wanna name it Coco. What about piano lessons? Have you guys played any instruments?" Sherry asked eagerly.

"I played a mean flute back in grade school," Nick chuckled, fondly reminiscing about his musical endeavors.

Claire joined in with a smile, her eyes sparkling. "And I dabbled in guitar during my highschool years," she added, the memories of strumming chords filling her mind.

Sherry's face lit up with admiration as she listened to their tales of musical prowess. "Wow, that's so cool! Can you teach me?"

Nick and Claire exchanged a glance before responding in unison, "Of course, sweetheart. We would love to teach you."