Ada Wong

Nick had lost consciousness for a few minutes.

As he slowly regained his senses, Nick became acutely aware of the excruciating pain that coursed through his entire body. Every movement was accompanied by aching agony, making even the simplest of actions feel like a monumental task. His head throbbed, his vision blurred, and a persistent ringing in his ears drowned out the surrounding chaos.

In the midst of his disorientation, Nick suddenly heard a distant sound—a series of frantic barks that gradually grew louder and closer. With great effort, he turned his head in the direction of the noise, his eyes widening in dread.

Before him stood a terrifying sight—a once loyal and gentle dog, now transformed into a snarling predator. The infected creature's red eyes pierced through Nick, reflecting its insatiable hunger. Half of its face had been torn apart, revealing a grotesque display of exposed muscles and bones. Saliva dripped from its gnarled jaws, a perverse evidence of the monstrous transformation that had taken place.

Nick, despite his injuries slowing him down, reached for his gun with trembling hands, desperate to defend himself. But before he could take hold of it, the dog pounced on top of him, pinning him down with an overwhelming force.

Beneath the weight of the creature, Nick struggled to free himself, his attempts hampered by his weakened state. With each passing moment, the dog's massive sharp teeth grew ominously closer to his vulnerable face.

As Nick fought to protect himself, an unexpected glimmer of salvation appeared in the form of a sudden gunshot. The bullet, coming seemingly out of nowhere, collided with the dog's head, causing it to collapse lifelessly to the ground beside Nick.

Gasping for breath, Nick frantically reached for his gun and aimed it in the direction of the gunshot. His eyes widened in alarm as he spotted a mysterious woman, clad in a sharp trench coat and sunglasses, poised with a gun in her hands.

"Lower it," she commanded with a firm voice.

Nick hesitated, his finger still on the trigger, unsure whether he could place his trust in this stranger. But then, something unexpected happened. The woman swiftly revealed a badge, clearly displaying the emblem of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

Nick read the name emblazoned on the badge.  "Ada Wong."

Nick lowered his gun and said, "Sorry, thanks-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Ada swiftly shot the dog, making sure it wouldn't pose a threat again.

"For the help," Nick finished his sentence, his gaze fixed on the now lifeless dog.

Ada's eyes narrowed slightly as she glanced at Nick. "Surprised you made it this far," she remarked, her tone tinged with annoyance.

"FBI, huh? What the hell is going on around here?" Nick asked, his voice filled with a mix of confusion and frustration as he attempted to stand up.

"That's classified," Ada replied tersely, her tone leaving no room for further inquiry, as she started to walk away.

"Where are you going?"

Ada halted, allowing a heavy silence to hang in the air for a few seconds before turning back to face Nick. Her eyes conveyed a sense of annoyance. "Do yourself a favor. Stop asking questions and get the hell out of here."

"Hey!" Nick called out, his hand reaching forward to grab Ada's arm.

Ada immediately swatted his hand away, a look of disgust etched across her face.

Nick, feeling the sting of rejection, let out a sigh. "I'm sorry. My name is Nicholas Parker."

Ada's expression softened slightly, but her eyes remained guarded. "Find a way out, Nick, before it's too late. Then we'll talk."