chapter 4

Sky's POV

I was waiting for phi it's been past 7pm  we were suppose to leave for Phuket at 5. Why did I thought that phi will make it, why I thought that at this movement we will be enjoying by the beach, why did I thought that I will be relieved in my phi's arm, it's all my fault I shouldn't have assumed. I am not the one who suppose to have happily ever after. Should I wait for another hour or should I just let it slide like other time. Why am I even thinking all of this when I know the answer to all of this is always the same.

Anchali looked at me with pitty in the eye's and asked  should I reheat the dinner khaab.

Anchali is our maid who came from phi's main house when we shifted to another apartment after marriage. Mom wanted to take care of me so Anchali was technically our wedding gift.

I slightly smiled at her and said  no khaab I'm gonna get shower you have your dinner first.  I went to our room looked around feeling all empty why I am embarrassing myself like this I questioned myself I was not like this. Where is my priority why I sacrificed it. It was not supposed to be like this, I was not supposed to be like this. This need to get changed.

I went toward the shower and cried my eyes out, supposedly after 6-7 year I was holding this for last three year since phi started to get busy I was like this only. Always convencing myself that phi was never out of love but he was genuinely busy. How stupid of myself, I have degraded myself by being in love. I used to be cheerful, sassy, sarcastic how did I became this dull person who just agree to  everything even though I know it's not right.

Enough it's enough I can't let myself change this much I need to be myself again. I need to focus on myself more. I need to improve my career not being stuck on that. I can't do any of it as long as I play this dumb. I need to come clear and I think this is the best time to do that. Let's start living again sky.

I got out of shower took out my suitcase and started packing my essential. Let's say one last goodbye to this house sky. Anchali was nowhere to be found I took that as an opportunity and let myself out of the house taking a last look of my weeding photo and the letter I am going leave.

Pai's POV

It's almost 7 pm and I had just finished my investor's meeting but the trading is not going as well as I thought. Automobile has taken a long jump and we need to coup up with that. My secretary (Namtan) and my team are working hard with me too it. It might take another hour or two. Damn this is more exhausting than I thought. I can't wait to go home and hug sky to sleep. Just need to cover up this fast.

Here's the dinner for everyone since we're going to be here for another hour and more. Namtan said to my team members they all looked at me for approval.

I nodded my head in approval, as a head it's my duty to make them comfortable and satisfied in the working area so they can work delightfully.

Should I bring yours too sir  Namtan said with questionable expression on her face.

No it's alright I will take my dinner at home. I said and went immediately to my work

After 3 hour of constant trading and investment we were finally in stable position. I dismissed everyone and started to pack my stuff to go back home.

As I reached home living area was full of darkness huh sky usually sits in living area. Sky i shouted his name but no response I reached kitchen but no-one I was only engrossed by darkness and untouched dinner a long chill runs through my body. Sky i shouted one more time with my louder voice no response. I started searching for him calling out his name non stop . After all along I went to our room that's when the realisation hit me when I saw a suitcase that was mine. Today is the day we were suppose to take off for Phuket so we can celebrate our 5 year anniversary tomorrow. I went to the room opening the cupboard I saw most of the sky's stuff was not there and the teddy that he used to hug and sleep into was not there too, more importantly sky's suitcase was also not there.

I stood there for a while realising what an unforgettable mistake I have done. The land below my feet just slid away. Sky  i said with my dull voice. I searches even knowing that it's of no use my sky is not in this room I couldn't feel his presence in this home I'm totally engrossed by the chill. That warmth that I feel with the presence of sky in this home is missing it's not home it's just a house for me.
Coming back to living area thats when I saw a paper near our wedding pictures. When I took letter in my hand something fell onto my feet. It was sky's wedding ring I took that in my hand tears dropped in my hand where I hold the ring. I clenched it tightly in my hand and started reading the letter

Hi phi

It might be late for you, eat your dinner I have told anchali to heat it up when you come back. If you're reading this than you know by now that I'm not there well All I want to say is that don't search for me phi. I will be safe it's just I can't take it anymore phi. I tried I tried alot phi adjusting in your busy world  but adjusting myself means I was loosing a big part of me. I can't afford to do that anymore phi, take care of yourself.

Happy anniversary phi
Sky

I can't no this can't happen sky will tell me if something wrong I would have done he won't do this he can't take this rash decision.

Should I reheat the dinner sir. Anchali's voice came from behind me.

No no no no I can't I can't it shouldn't  I said with tears dropping my eyes. I run toward the door left the house searching for my sky. I can't be in here anymore without my sky it feels suffocating.

_____________________________________________

That's it for this chapter we will see alot of phi pai's begging in the upcoming chapter.

This is the type of penthouse apartment I imagined pai and sky would have lived in.
Not so big not so small just as sky would have preferred.

I have already told my readers that this story is somehow related to "king of greed" the book ending to which is still unpredictable. I hope you all are enjoying this writing. I will always try to update early but because of my work it will take some time .

I'm enjoying writing this story I hope that by the end of this story I will be able to build a family. Thankyou for all the support. I'm always grateful.🙏

And ofcourse Happy Diwali to you all.✨