Monalise and Rafael

"...It's okay, cara."

I hadn't realized I was screaming until Rafe wrapped his arms around me and brought my body to his, muffling the noise. I was shaking and sobbing, devastated by the image of Ana's body just lying there.

It wasn't okay. She had sons, a husband, maybe even a garden that she tended to and now they would have to be without her.

It was senseless. All of it. Ego's were bruised and now people had to die because of it? People I loved. People who I had learned that I couldn't live without.

"Rafe, we need to go. All of us. They could be back with more people." Dom says bringing me back to the reality of the situation.

I turned back to see Pablo standing next to his wife's dead body. Somebody had covered her so she was no longer visible but knowing she was here one moment and gone the next was enough for me. I didn't have a bandage big enough to fix this.

"What about Ana?" I sniffled. "Rafe we can't just leave her here. We can't leave her alone. Not like this."

"It's okay, Mona."

I shook my head and pushed him away from me. He didn't get it and he never would. Life was temporary to them and they treated it as such. I did not and I don't think I ever would be able to see it that way.

"Pablo's has someone coming and we have a few men that are staying on scene just in case, but I need to get you out of here." He pulled me so that I was flush against his chest. "Por favor Mona, for me."

He placed a kiss on my forehead grabbing my hand to pull me back towards the house.

I turned back around to get one last look of everything. There were broken glass shards all the over the ground, and the pool chairs all had holes going through them. There were leaves on the pool along with floating shell casings.

I allowed my eyes to travel to the white sheet, mere inches from where I had been standing before the shoot out began. Her son had saved my life while she lost hers. I didn't know how to feel or why I had been spared when I was the root of all of this. I wondered if the bullet had hit me instead, if this would all be over.

"Mona, come on."

Rafe tugged me forward, pulling me out of guilt. I followed him inside while my body shook of shock. It was like my body was operating on its own and I was watching from the outside.

"Where's Kekoa?"

I looked around realizing I hadn't seen him for some time. "He took off once the shooting started. I have someone out looking for him."

I nodded my head. "Okay."

"I know a lot is going on right now but I need you to pack a bag, don't worry about getting everything just take what you need. Dom and Sophia are going upstate and you're going with them. I'll be up later after I'm done with all this." He grabbed his phone out of his pocket and dialed a number. He placed the phone up to his ear and walked away before I could protest against him not coming with me.

Deciding I needed to move quick, I ran up the stairs into our bedroom. I wasted no time in grabbing a week's worth of clothes and shoes before stuffing it into a duffle bag. I grabbed a few toiletries and some hair products before jetting back downstairs .

Rafe was still on the phone when I came back down. Once he saw me, he grabbed my hand to lead me outside where several cars were parked. Dom was standing outside of a black suburban, also on his phone.

"Non mi interessa. La guerra è già iniziata, sai cosa fare! (I don't care. The war has already started, you know what to do)."

He moved the phone from his face so he could talk to me. "Te veré luego mi amor (I will see you later my love)." He reached down to give me a long kiss before pulling away and ruching back into the house.